looking for a modist receiver

Blackmesa

somthing that is 500-600 msrp that i can get for 350-450 dollars.

I'm considering the hk-235, denon 2105 or 1905 or maybe a yammy.

i would like 7.1 with the best DAC's i can get for the price. high power is not a concern. 50 watts/chan is plenty

thanx

NAD t743 just the right size to use as a preamp when you add amps. Plus it sounds REAL good for now with Klipsch, and any speaker. I never heard my deck speakers sound so good. Yep it has the a and b selector. I wonder if I had anything do with my million emails for them to do so with their entry level. It's a 5.1 receiver which all I use for living room setup. Not to mention it comes with the best remote i ever used. The same remote used in their biggest model. These guys mean business. But that is the best there is for the price if you ask me. Music and movies are equal. Reburb from an authorized dealer at 550 is your best bet. Good luck and here is a review

http://www.soundstage.com/surrounded/surrounded200411.htm

For you lazy guys heres a tid bit from the review

Although the power output was surprisingly robust with the Paradigms, the sound of that power was what impressed me the most. The sonic signature of the T743 was clean and just a touch laid-back, which perfectly complemented a lot of what I listen to. You wont hear the unshakable bass grip of a large, separate solid-state amplifier with this NAD receiver, but youll get darn close. Years ago I remember hearing a system based on a Yamaha (model number long forgotten) receiver and Advent speakers. The bass was anemic. Later I heard the same system, except the owner had replaced the Yamaha with a hefty Technics integrated amplifier. The sound was transformed: bass was strong and full, and headroom was increased dramatically. I heard the same full-range drive from the NAD/Paradigm pairing, especially down into the low frequencies, which I heard from the Technics/Advent system years before. The T743 just kept rockin no matter how hard I pushed it. Maybe some users would listen at higher levels and/or have less efficient speakers, and therefore need a larger NAD receiver (of which there are several), but in my system the power output of the T743, especially when considering the price, was downright amazing.

The NAD T743s midrange was more of the buttery-smooth than the in-your-face variety. Vocals such as those on the DVD-Audio/Video release of Surf City All-Star Band melted into the relaxed highs, with a smoothly rendered transition that never called attention to itself. Overall Id characterize the T743 as unassuming in the midrange and treble. It's the kind of sound you can live with over the long term, all the while enjoying your favorite music or movies, not just the audiophile-approved releases. The T743 might not jump out and grab you in the way that immediately impresses, but it impresses nonetheless. It does its job without calling attention to itself.

(I own it and it's good. Bill/wheelie)

I recently replaced my HK 125 with a refurb Denon 1905 and am VERY happy with the change.

Perhaps it was just me, but I could never get the HK to sound quite right in comparison to the Kenwood receiver it replaced. The surround was always weak and it seemed muffled somehow.

All those issues disappeared when I hooked up my new Denon. It was a DRASTIC improvement before I even configured all the settings for my system and room.

So, maybe it was just me, but HK was a bit lackluster in my experience.

I'm very happy with the Denon 1905 and all of its features. Love the signal conversion and switching as well as discrete on/off functions. Very handy with so many components in my home theater.

Ecost has the 1905 for $260 and the 2105 for $350 (authorized dealer and factory refurbs).

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecce/shop/showcase/default~showcase~denon.asp

----------------

On 7/5/2005 12:49:56 AM Griffinator wrote:

Nice looking review, wheelman. Sounds like that receiver mates pretty well with the Paradigms.

Unfortunately, until someone reviews it with a horn-loaded system, we really don't know what it will sound like with our beloved Klipsch....

----------------

I auditioned the NAD S170i and S250 with my reference speakers they sounded great. I ended up returning everything because I had hum issues which turned out not to be the fault of the NAD equipment. But I can't vouch for how good the NAD receiver would sound. Hey, you could be the test mule Blackmesa and do some others a favor!2.gif

----------------

On 7/5/2005 12:49:56 AM Griffinator wrote:

Nice looking review, wheelman. Sounds like that receiver mates pretty well with the Paradigms.

Unfortunately, until someone reviews it with a horn-loaded system, we really don't know what it will sound like with our beloved Klipsch....

----------------

I like this receiver with my Klipsch. It sounds great with heresy II's, and the synergy line. I didn't plan on writing a review so I edited it so not to cause anyone dizzieness, or other side effects. 9.gif After looking it over it, and thinking on rewriting another one. It would basically echoe what's already been said in the previous review. Which seems to hold true with Klipsch speakers as well. Here is a little something I thought was interesting.

Greg Stidsen, NAD's director of product development, said the company recently measured a competitor's $1,200 receiver rated at 105 watts into six channels. With the same standards used to measure the T743, says Stidsen, this 105-watt receiver "could only output a rather pathetic 12 watts per channel." Yet this same receiver, says Stidsen, can be advertised as having 630 watts total power (six channels times 105 watts)."