Cornwalls CBR available Metro Detroit

DizRotus

EDITED 7-18-2005.

Now for only $500 a pair of CBR Cornwalls is available in Metro Detroit. Free delivery within 200 mile radius of Detroit. The serial numbers are:

8543949; and

A photo is attached to this frame and three more photos are attached to subsequent frames.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The original owner finished these in a walnut stain. Both grilles, including logos, are in excellent condition. All drivers and X-overs are original and operational. The veneer and finish are in generally good condition. Number 8543949 has two small areas where the veneer has splintered. While they are 7 out of 10 cosmetically, they are not fine furniture. They play flawlessly.

8543949%20w-grille.JPG

Unless someone here feels they're worth $500 to him/her, I'll keep them, or possibly test the eBay market.

I'd be willing to deliver to, or meet, someone within a 200 mile radius of Detroit. I won't pack them for shipping by common carrier.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael-

Yes 1985. The last year not labled II, I believe. As the photo shows they have EV T-35 tweeters; CW IIs do not. I'm too lazy to remove the backs again. They do not have the Atlas squawker compression driver that my Heresies have and Speakerlab SKs had.

They look like the drivers referred to in the following thread: cornwall k-51-v mid range driver. original ??

K51V7.jpg

The above photo is from the other thread. This is not a photo of one of the drivers, although they look identical.

Indy's not so far. I'll meet you halfway, Niles, Dowagiac, or how about Buchanan? We could visit the former site of Electro Voice on Cecil St. in Buchanan, MI.

Regards,

The following (in blue) is excerpted from an email I sent to a forum member who expressed interest in the speakers. The same delivery terms would be available to anyone within 200 miles of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Detroit.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In a nutshell, the speakers are $475 if the buyer picks them up here and $500 if delivered, subject to $50 non-refundable delivery charge once they leave Detroit.

(Your city) is within 200 miles of Detroit, so free delivery is an option. There are some conditions to "free" delivery, which are as follows:

It must be on a Sunday; and

You must send $500 prior to delivery.

You could make payment by check or through PayPal. The speakers are as represented (they look better in person than they do in the photos) and they play flawlessly. You would be able to play the speakers to confirm their operability prior to unloading them from my van. At the time of the free delivery, if you change your mind, $450 would be refunded to you. I would retain $50 for the time and cost to allow you to audition the speakers.

If the foregoing conditions are satisfactory to you, you will end up with a great pair of Cornwalls delivered free to (Your city) for $500. If you are uncomfortable with the arrangement described, you could make arrangements to drive to Birmingham, MI (approximately 3 hours) and collect the speakers for only $475. You would be able to audition them (in a better setting than the back of a van) prior to making payment.

If youre still interested, please reply to this email. At that time we can exchange pertinent information to facilitate the transaction.

Regards,

Neil

Two Forum members have expressed interest. While the pending discussions are concluded (in the order in which they contacted me) the speakers are no longer available.

If neither of them elects to complete the purchase, the speakers will again be available, but they will be for local pickup or local (within 50 miles) delivery only.