Caring for Oilled Walnut Veneer

KT66

While the recent topic on veneers is still fresh..

my '93 Khorns are OW and I've been using danish oil instead of furniture wax

(also on Heresy's which the Klipsch 'manual' recommends).

I've wondered if the danish oil might damage the veneer adhesive?? Comments welcome.

There are probably different formulations of "Danish Oil". The Watco brand has Linseed oil in it, while one I found use Tung oil. They all contain some amount of mineral spirits, as a carrier. All will penetrate the wood, but tung oil dries to a harder finish that the linseed oil.

They have other things added as well, but none of them should hurt the veneer or cause it to release. At least not the original veneer from Klipsch. Too much might, but I think you would have to be soaking it to cause that to happen.

I have slight sun-bleaching on the top and side of one of my WO Fortes, which was nearest to large picture windows for several years (during which time I did not know to oil it regularly). I have BLO'd it several times, which reduced the lightened area, but not fully. I read a thread recently (but couldn't find it again) in which someone discussed adding stain to the BLO. Could someone advise me on what brand/type/amount of stain to add to BLO? I don't want to make a dramatic change in the darkness of the finish, but just to correct the sun bleaching. Thanks in advance.