Paragon 12 Schematic - Anyone Have it?

andruzzo

Hello All...

I recently got my hands on a Paragon 12 pre-amp and of course, have no documentation whatsoever.

I heard that there may be a schematic for the 12 or 12A floating around.

Does anyone have it that they can give me or tell me where I can find it?

Much appreciated.

This quote from Mark Deneen, creater of the Blueberry and Peach, and a member on this forum:

I started and owned the company. In all liklihood I probably built the unit you see above.

On this forum you might want to check with Clipped & Shorn who owned a 12A for several years before selling it recently for a BlueBerry. I'm sure he has some comments on the comparison.

Ben Clarke also has a Paragon 12, so he may be able to help you.

Here are two links on this forum, or type in Paragon 12 in the search engine.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=61698&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={FAE15AA5-7225-43F4-9622-B8BA40529941}

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=48526&forumID=68&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={FAE15AA5-7225-43F4-9622-B8BA40529941}

Good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Both the links you posted forsome reason don't ork...I get a 'redirection error'.

I searched for 'Paragon 12' before I posted...there was no schematic posted nor discussed at

any detail in the messages I found.

I was hoping that maybe with this new posting that anyone who may have it 'lying around' could up it to me.

Thanks all the same,

-d

The links sent you to comments of forum members to the preamp (they are available under the search engine, just type in Paragon 12) . Contact Mark Deneen on this forum for more information. He is responsible for the original preamp (Paragon 12) and the more modern Blueberry (phono/cd) and the Peach (cd) preamps. Mark should have a copy of the schematic, considering his company sold the original product.

The reason you're getting the re-direction errors is because of the all of the session junk tacked on to the URL. the Klipsch BBS among its' other bad habits uses session identifiers to track stuff.

here is what's actually needed out of all that junk:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=61698

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=48526

all the rest of that stuff after the topic ID number is unnecessary.

here's hot links for the two threads:

Well, now I've looked at both of those threads, I recommend you ignore them. They're basically a cat fight between some people on the board who had nasty personality conflicts. As far as actual usable info there really isn't much and it's all in the first few posts.

Some of those guys still rub each other the wrong way whenever they get a chance. It's kind of a shame, they all have much to contribute as long as they don't address each other.

Mark...

Thank you very much!

I must say I have to commend you on this fine piece of equipment. It sounds excellent even after such a long time!

Couple of quick questions:

1) what exactly is the CONTOUR control? Is it a variable filter?

2) do you recall about how many of the 12 were actually made? (ballpark)

This thing sounds so good that now I'm curious about the Blueberry now...

-dimitri

----------------

On 7/8/2005 8:45:44 AM mdeneen wrote:

FYI, the original (8) tubes were all Amperex Bugle Boys, which we purchased for the princely sum of about $2.20 ea. circa 1975.

(Which we considered outrageously expensive.)

mdeneen
----------------

Oh how times change 2.gif