"Tippy" sub

Tom Adams

To the folks at SVS (assuming you're listening)...

Klipschguy's recent post as well as one or two others, has gotten me to thinking that maybe you guys should address the "tippy" concern folks have with your subs. Not sure what the criteria would be, but if you could show that a stumbling, falling 2-year old can whap into it and it not topple, it might help ally some fears.

Anyhow....it's just a thought.

Tom Adams

The SVs are very hard to knock over...accidentally or otherwise. With the majority of weight being middle/bottom...and a full 16" diameter footprint...you really don't have to worry unless you have a couple PUMA's that want to use it for a scratching post or something...

If you had a CS_U...with a 35Lb driver...figure a goldberg spear to take it down,

TV

DD2 - I like your crash test dummies idea. Maybe the dummies could be dressed up in a horn looking outfit?? Smile.gif

TV - Thanks for the info. So, would this info be something you guys might consider adding to your FAQ section of your website. You know, dispell the myth so-to-speak?? I guess that's what I was hoping to accomplish with this thread.

Tom Adams

I've seen this info on the SVS website already!!!

BTW Tom, my Dad loves his new SVS. He's powering it with a 125 watt Marantz monoblock. Problem is he is sort of a schlep, and has no idea how to calibrate it. He probably hasn't truly "heard" his new HT yet. Unfortunately, I live 1000 miles a way and can't calibrate it for him. He has to wait until Easter.

T-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KLF-C7 (center 2B tested)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron