Cornwalls: Risers or no risers, Grill question

cool_blue

Just enjoying my CBR Cornwalls today and thought I would ask if there benefits or non benefits of using risers with them from peoples experiences?

And regarding Screens, mine came with black, but i would be interested in the lighter natural ones for a little more of a vintage look. Are there any options out there or anyone want to trade ?

Thx in advance, c_b

I added risers to my 78 corns. It was purely for esthetics and did not seem to change the sound in anyway. They just look a bit more eloquent.

I have been searching for the light colored grills for a long time but have never found a pair for sale. I have seen what I am looking for on some 60's corns. They look like a light brown/gold mixture. I wish I could locate so if you ever come across them let me know and I will do the same.

You may be able to find the material you want and build your own grills so you can keep the originals if you ever decide to sell. I've heard that Wendell Fabrics has the black grill cloth but I'm not sure about the cane. It's worth a try though since they're pretty easy to make.

As far as the 3D sonic holograph sonic holographic imaging is concerned, driver height is almost as important as the placement of the speakers away from the front and sidewalls.

Measure the height of the center of your ear while sitting in your sweet listening spot and compare it to the height of the center of the driver for your mid and tweeter horns. While some say the drivers should be pointed directly at your ear for the best image, others will say that pointing them at the back of your head is better. I find it depends on the size and shape of your room.

Same with the height of the drivers. Some say the middle of middle range horn driver should be aimed at the same height as the middle of your ear. Others say the middle of the tweeter should be the same height.

I say compromise. With my horizontal horn, B2 crossover, walnut oiled Cornwalls, I generally tried to get the area between the mid and tweeter horns at the same height as my ears.

10.gif

----------------

On 7/11/2005 1:07:32 PM cool_blue wrote:

MICA was, but he will only trade for Cornwall II Grilles, I suppose there a bit different thatn mk 1's ?>

----------------

No, there's no difference, unless we're talking the older Cornwall II's,..in which case the grill cloth is not removable since it's attached to the motorboard.

If MICA's grill cloths are the velcro'ed on type, they are easily swapable.