closer to nirvana

feersum dreadnot

my new HT room is not yet done, due to the need to finish the floor.

However, a second pair of Fortes showed up yesterday to replace KG.5s as the L+R rears, and go with an Academy picked up last month as a replacement to a KV-2.

Coupled with a SVS PB-2 plus in the current ~12' x 14' den, it promises to be very good in the new room.

popped in the obligatory "Hell Freezes Over" DVD for the DTS testing, and it was amazing.

I'll do calibration tonight, and run some DVD movie demos - I expect they will be as good as the music.

the new room is 14' x 14' - so there will be tuning to be done to make that right, and maybe some risers to put all the Fortes at ear level, but that will be the fun part.

the joy of Klipsch remains as high as when I bought the pair of Fortes in 1986. 9.gif

Once you get the room situated and the speakers in place and you are ready to take your performance to the next level contact Popbumper (aka Chris Munson) so he can upgrade the networks in those Forte's and that Academy, the results will surely amaze you! If you think performance is stellar already prepare to wet your pants!

good idea, thanks.

two other schemes in mind, 1) replace 36" mitsu w/ plasma of other HDTV option, and 2) start watching e-bay for a 3 x 200 watt adcom amp, thinking I'll use it for L + C + R, and move the old GFA-1a to L+R rear use. and freeing up the Yamaha amps for the L + R outdoor speakers on the outside of the new media room.

so I need outdoor speakers, too. Anyone here hear the latest Klipsch outdoor products? suggestions? thanks,