A Love Song for Bobby Long

Amy

• Moderators

Just watched this...fantastic movie. Surprisingly good sound. Great music--New Orleans outskirts feel (kinda jazz/blues/touch of country?). John Travolta actually sings a bit in casual settings. Scarlett Johansson once again proves she's not just another dingy teen starlette. Good story, great acting. Brought a tear.

Highly recommended overall!

• 1 month later...

Amy excellent movie thanks for bringing this up. It took me awhile but I remember you mentioning this. I was glad to find out Scarlett was in it not to mention John Travolta. Awesome performance from both. I really connected with the atomosphere and the characters. A movie very well done.

• Moderators

Very good movie Amy just seen it the other day.

It felt strange watching it, 1957 to 1969 i lived about 3 blocks from that house,easy to remember the houses end on one side of the street because of the river.

It looked the same as it did 40 years ago and i bet they did VERY little to the area to film, that is just what that whole area is like . Not that bad if you take away the drugs and their salesmen