Setting up a new system

wstrickland1

...in the Living Room.

I have "laying around" a pair of RS 7s and a pair of RB 35s. I was in a local audio shop today (authorized dealer although they cater to "higher end" stuff)and saw that they had a new RC 7 and a new RC 35. The 7 I can get for $400 cash and the 35 for $225. SO, what should I do? Will the RS and RC 7s overpower the RB 35s? I'm not sure I want to go any bigger that the RB 35s for the mains (but maybe 75s?) so should I just get the RC 35?

In a nutshell: Will a system consisting of RB 35 mains, RC 7 center and RS 7 "match", or would a system consisting of RB 35, RC 35 and RS 7 be better.

Oh yeah, and I also have a KSW 150 laying around I will be using for the sub.

Man I have trouble being brief. Sorry 8.gif

Go with the RC7 and RS7 for now and then down the road you can get yourself some RF-7's (or RB-75's) and bump the RB-35's back for rear surround duty expanding you to 7.1 surround.

About 70% of the sound in movies comes from the center channel so it's always good to make sure you get the best you can afford. I might even suggest using the RB-35's for surround duty now and getting RB75's up front to match the RC7.