Klipsch KLF-20's

ddcobb

----------------

On 7/15/2005 5:42:16 PM Jay L wrote:

unless space is an issue, use another klf-20 or 30 as your center. it will best the C7 by a long shot. or a heresy II even sounds better than a c7. i was using a HII for about 6 months before i made my klf-20 center channel.

----------------

Congratulations on building your own center channel. 1.gif

Why would you say a Heresy II would sound better than the KLF C-7 which was specifically designed to go with the KLF 20's? I own a KLF C7 and it sounds pretty darn good!

If I remember correctly, I bought my RC-7 and RS-7's to match my KLF 20's because I saw the RC-7 being recommended as a match on the Klipsch site. That was quite awhile ago. I think it was just after the discontinuance of the KLF-C7. In any case, I think it sounds great and blends in just fine. In the end, it's how it sounds to you that counts.

JBR

----------------

On 7/16/2005 9:48:24 AM JBRichter wrote:

If I remember correctly, I bought my RC-7 and RS-7's to match my KLF 20's because I saw the RC-7 being recommended as a match on the Klipsch site. That was quite awhile ago. I think it was just after the discontinuance of the KLF-C7. In any case, I think it sounds great and blends in just fine. In the end, it's how it sounds to you that counts.

JBR

----------------

It sounds like you have a nice system. I agree with you. IMO, Klipsch products mix and match well especially if the alternative is either doing without, or going with another company's speaker.

----------------

On 7/13/2005 6:11:47 PM ddcobb wrote:

I have owned a pair of Klipsch KLf-20's for several years now and have been happy with their performance to date. I want to add a center channel and two (possibly 4 for 7.1) rears to go with my KLF-20's.

However, I am not sure which speakers I should purchase, given that the KLF-C7 (center channel), along with the rest of this series, is no longer produced.

Any advice on which rears/surrounds & center matches well with the KLF-20's is appreciated. Im open to all suggestions including non-Klipsch products assuming they mesh well with what I have.

----------------

Hi, a pair of KLF-30's and a KLF-C7 just came up on ebay with

a bid or buy it now option.

Here are the links. If you have the funds, I would recommend these to

complete your system. You would not be dissapointed.

Good Luck.

JJ

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790026005&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790027406&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790099134&category=61378&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

The pair of KLF-20s are back with the KLF-C7 are back again, local pickup again though. Oh just wanted to say that KLF-C7s popup on ebay all the time. I managed to snag mine last week, got a mint condition one for a buy it now for $299 with 40 shipping. I just got it and it truly is in mint condition too, I thought it was a deal so I couldn't pass it up.

I currently own a pair of KLF 10s that just got unpacked from their original boxes this year. I bought them when they were on closeout like 4 years ago but never had the money for the receiver I wanted till now. They are currently paired up to my McIntosh MHT100 that I snagged from an estate sale. Had I known more about the Legend series when I bought the 10s I probably would have bought the 20s or 30s at the time, but I was only 19 at the time :/ Nevertheless I'm thrilled with the ones I have now, just looking for a pair to finish off the surround now.

I hope this helps you finish your setup too!

----------------

On 7/16/2005 10:04:40 PM chuthor wrote:

...I currently own a pair of KLF 10s that just got unpacked from their original boxes this year. I bought them when they were on closeout like 4 years ago but never had the money for the receiver I wanted till now.... but I was only 19 at the time :/ Nevertheless I'm thrilled with the ones I have now, just looking for a pair to finish off the surround now.

----------------

Welcome to the forum chuthor.4.gif

Wow! You were 19 years old, bought speakers, didn't have the money to buy the receiver so you waited 4 years until you did! THAT is an inspirational story. You must be in seminary. 12.gif

When I was 19 I was in the same boat (Heresy's instead of KLF-10's). I didn't have the money, but the Credit Card company was nice enough to loan it to me. In fact they allowed me to purchase a system that was so Awesome that it took me 10 years to pay it back even though I sold the system less than 2 years after I bought it (to pay rent and get the electricity put back on, etc.)11.gif

It looks like you've done your homework so I probably am not telling you anything, but even though some multi channel formats tell you that identical speakers are best all of the way around--like you said, some KLF-20's or 30's could/would sound even better (IMO) in your system and you could move the 10's to surround duty. Good Luck on finding the ideal speakers you want. 2.gif

Oh reason it took me 4 years to get my receiver for the speakers was that I fell in love with McIntoshes after auditioning them at a local Audio Consultants. Then the pricetag on it almost floored me. I figured I'd make it a goal, so I saved a bunch through my college years and came across a great deal on ebay from a Florida estate sale. Almost 50% off the retail I would have paid for a new one, so I was happy.

Thanks for the tip on the KLF20s and 30s as mains and switching out the 10s to rears, I've actually been on the look out for them, but once again the money thing so I'll be saving up over this summer and hopefully come across a nice deal on a pair sometime 9.gif

I guess your system wouldn't have done much good without electricity huh? 14.gif

----------------

On 7/15/2005 6:02:12 PM tkdamerica wrote:

----------------

On 7/15/2005 5:42:16 PM Jay L wrote:

unless space is an issue, use another klf-20 or 30 as your center. it will best the C7 by a long shot. or a heresy II even sounds better than a c7. i was using a HII for about 6 months before i made my klf-20 center channel.

----------------

Congratulations on building your own center channel.
1.gif

Why would you say a Heresy II would sound better than the KLF C-7 which was specifically designed to go with the KLF 20's? I own a KLF C7 and it sounds pretty darn good!

----------------

the tweeter and midrange drivers used in a heresyII are very close to the same as in the klf 20's and 30's. also both use a 700Hz midrange horn, and crossover points are relatively close. hearing it is the best way to decide.

----------------

On 7/18/2005 9:07:12 AM Jay L wrote:

the tweeter and midrange drivers used in a heresyII are very close to the same as in the klf 20's and 30's. also both use a 700Hz midrange horn, and crossover points are relatively close. hearing it is the best way to decide.

----------------

Thanks for the explanation. 1.gif

There is no doubt on what you are saying is true. I had a different rebuttal but I see you work for Klipsch. You obviously are more knowledgeable about speaker construction than myself, however I always wonder why a company would market an inferior product when they have proven technology at hand.

I realize that this can't be the total case with the KLF-C7 because it won product of the year Award in Audio-video Magazines "Hi-fi Grand prix" competition the year it was introduced. Why didn't Klipsch incorporate those elements you mentioned from the H2 into the Klf-c7 and blow the competition even MORE out of the Water? You guys weren't holding back were you. 9.gif

----------------

On 7/18/2005 12:19:02 PM tkdamerica wrote:

----------------

On 7/18/2005 9:07:12 AM Jay L wrote:

----------------

Thanks for the explanation.
1.gif

There is no doubt on what you are saying is true. I had a different rebuttal but I see you work for Klipsch. You obviously are more knowledgeable about speaker construction than myself, however I always wonder why a company would market an inferior product when they have proven technology at hand.

I realize that this can't be the total case with the KLF-C7 because it won product of the year Award in Audio-video Magazines "Hi-fi Grand prix" competition the year it was introduced. Why didn't Klipsch incorporate those elements you mentioned from the H2 into the Klf-c7 and blow the competition even MORE out of the Water? You guys weren't holding back were you.
9.gif

----------------

i'm not trying to say the klf-c7 is horrible, but imo the HII is better with the 20/30's. if you had 10's i'd stick with the C7 as its a 2 way design. with every speaker design there is a compromise. at that point in time and still today i would guess is a size issue for a center channel. how many people can fit or would want to see a klf-20/30 or HII on top of their TV? also, how often do you see people mixing heritage with other product? it just works sometimes, atleast to my ears.