Speaker cables changing the SQ?

thxsubwoofers

I have recently change my speaker and subwoofer cables to Monster Cable THX with Monster Cable Connectors THX. I have no clue whats the difference when you change the cables. Does it give greater bass hits to your speakers and cleaner sound? Is the After Market Cables suppose to be use for higher wattage speakers and subwoofers?

IMO that would produce a more open wallet....not a more open soundstage. I have no problems using decent yet cheap speaker wires, economical RShack sub cable, halfway decent optical cables, and RG6 cable with RCA ends for component use....I doubt there was any actual change in sound quality unless you had issues at the connectors with corrosion or horribly bad cables, which is doubtful....certainly no need for "monstrous" cables, at least IMO...

Not sure what you used before but the biggest difference is probably the looks. Some members believe that interconnects and or cables can make a difference, but I (and many other members)have never been able to hear a difference. As long as the cables dont subject the audio signal to interference, IMO there will be no audible difference between the fancy THX cables or just basic speaker wire.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 7/15/2005 6:56:51 AM IAmtnbikr wrote:

"....I doubt there was any actual change in sound quality unless you had issues at the connectors with corrosion or horribly bad cables, .........."

----------------

I agree!