RSW-12 test

Hello all, I havn't posted on here for so long so greetings to everyone and all the new people as well.

Today I was sitting in my living room listening to my RF-3 ll's when I realized, "hmm, maybe I should look into that sub since I'm 18 and am making more money then I was two years ago". I went down to my authorized dealer and to my surprise he let me take home a brand new RSW-12 unopened to test out; so I'm on my way home impatient as ever to be able to test all the stuff I want in my own home however I want, yet unfortunately after setting everything up and going through the settings, nothing.... receiver was not detecting the LFE and therefore the sub might as well be dead. I tried a different source and still nothing, so I took it back to my dealer and told him what happened and he hooked it up and was having the same troubles I was. As I'm typing this he's troubleshooting it and if it turns out it was defective I'll try again when he gets another RSW-12 in.

8.gif I was looking so forward to hearing it.

Kyler,

Make sure that you were on the LFE output and not the input. Also, be sure that you go into the setup and tell the receiver that you have a subwoofer=yes and set a crossover frequency. If these steps do not get it going, check your cable for continuity.

The RSW-12 is a beast. If you can get it going, you will love it.

Bill

Don't worry guys, I went back later this evening and it was just a loose wire, had her rocking the house tonight and I'm very impressed, anyone know any good movies or scenes that are good, I have LOTR first set and Band of Brothers, Ice Age, Heat, Last Samuri which I plan to try out tommorow when everyones awake 2.gif

So far it's really enjoyable and I wouldn't mind adding her to my setup, no other 18 year olds I know in town buying this kind of stuff lol.