Budman�s Belles and ebay 2nd chance scam???

rplace

Budman you out there? I had put in a low bid on your Belles knowing I would not win but wanted to keep them high on my ebay radar just to see the final selling price and figured what the heck if that sold for my price I would jump in the car and make that long drive. Needless to say I was immediately outbid.

Just got a 2nd chance offer at my bid price. Looks pretty official.surely a scam. I did not keep the email from when Budman and I had a back and forth so cant compare his with mine. The email on this message is: cranchirew12@ Ill keep the rest of the email to myself just in case this is not a bogus offer, but I cant see how that is possible.

Anyone know how this happens? Are they just well formatted HTML email messages with links to the actual item, but requests to contact the seller which is not the seller?

Maybe I am way off base here...but I don't think so.

Use the Ask seller a question function in the original eBay auction. That will get your question to the genuine seller.

There are countless bogus second chance eBay scams running.

Info from eBay:

Note: To ensure that a Second Chance Offer is legitimate, go to www.ebay.com and click the My eBay button at the top of the page. Then sign in and make sure the Second Chance Offer appears there. eBay will never send a Second Chance Offer email with the subject line "Question from eBay Member." If you receive an email pretending to be a Second Chance Offer with that subject line, please report it to eBay. You can report this type of email by going to the Misuse of eBay Email Forwarding System page.

This is absolutely rampant in ebay these days. Parrots advice is quite correct. A question to the real ebay seller placed through ebay will surely sort out the fakes. Additionally the bogus 2nd chance offers usually want some type of postal order, have other gimmicks like 'free' shipping (ie they don't want you to come round to their place to inspect and/or pickup).

Michael

This is easy to address.

Use www.escrow.com

If they are as advertised and you actually receive them, well you've got a great deal.

If not, or if you don't receive them, well...no harm done.

I can appreciate everyone's frustration with fraudulent offers on EBay, but there IS a SIMPLE solution! ...That is, unless folks simply enjoy being burned and complaining!2.gif

Personally I am surprised that EBay has not bought them as they did PayPal and simply offer this service for any large ticket item, as their biggest problem IS fraud!