THX II Ultra amp price only?

rplace

I am considering a THX II Ultra dual sub and amp set up. The price is a bit steep but the performance sounds amazing.

Long story short I might be able to buy just the amp for 800 or less. Is that a decent price? Any pricing I have done for the 2 subs and amps has been around 3,500 +. I dont know the separate prices of the amp/subs.

Surely you can buy the sub independent of the amp from a dealer righ? I might go one sub and amp to start then add the 2nd as funds grow.

Thanks

----------------

On 7/22/2005 2:20:17 PM rplace wrote:

I am considering a THX II Ultra dual sub and amp set up. The price is a bit steep but the performance sounds amazing.

Long story short I might be able to buy just the amp for 800 or less. Is that a decent price? Any pricing I have done for the 2 subs and amps has been around 3,500 +. I don’t know the separate prices of the amp/subs.

Surely you can buy the sub independent of the amp from a dealer righ? I might go one sub and amp to start then add the 2nd as funds grow.

Thanks

----------------

Sure you can. But I wouldn't pay $3500 for the trio. Try to shop for $1000 for for the sub and just over that for the amp.

I have seen the amp on ebay for 895 or so, so yes a good price. The matching for this amp subs are outstanding too!

Let me know if you have any questions. I have the amp and 2 subs for a HT going in soon!

----------------------------------------

Somewhere between the low ball ebayers and your dealer is a fair price. I bought my amp from Ovation here in Indy they worked with me too. (Try this... take in a copy of the ebay ad, and ask them to work with you if your willing to buy today kind of deal. The caveat is you must be serious, state your not going to shop around just want whatever they can do today kinda thing. If your not working with a salesman ask for the manager too. BE serious and straight forward with them. You might be surprised..I was!! BTW, it took 1 week to get in, big deal?)