My Pioneer Elite is officially a proccessor only

JBRichter

I just added another amp to my system. I now have a B&K ST125.3 running my my center(RC-7) and rears(RS-7's) and my new amp ST125.2 S2 is running my front mains(KLF20's). The Pioneer Elite VSX-24TX is officially a proccessor only. The old mix of 125 watts across the front and 90 watts in the back was OK. But, with 125 watts all around, I can definately tell the difference. My system now has a more full and balanced sound.

Now, all I need is a new SUB and I will be satisfied for awhile. My 20+ year old SUBS by M&K are just too darn old.

JBR

----------------

On 7/27/2005 5:07:24 AM JBRichter wrote:

The old mix of 125 watts across the front and 90 watts in the back was OK. But, with 125 watts all around, I can definately tell the difference. My system now has a more full and balanced sound.

JBR

----------------

That's good to hear/learn.

I'm also looking to up my rears, from a measly 35, to something around 100w, along with replacing some small generic in-walls. I'm hoping this will also make a noticable difference.

Soon, you will be shopping for that nice pre/pro. Running external amps opens up a world of possibilities.

Again, congrats.

Carl.

Thanks Carl, I already have my eye on the Ref 50. I normally wait and see what the price is when the last shelf model goes up for sale. I have a good contact at my dealer. Out of my whole audio system. The only thing I bought brand new is the RC-7 and RS-7's.

JBR