You can have yer K-Horns, Cornwalls ...i've got Twins .!

Very Sweet! You lucky peice of cake you!

Get some felt under that ducky and other stuff you put on the speaker, I hate it when looking at nice used Klipsch Speakers and someone doesnt put felt or somethin to protect that nice wood and cause marring and abrassions!6.gif

Nothing, but nothing goes on top of mine to keep the wood from any abrassion at all! 9.gif

man-o-man, nice Chorus! 10.gif

woodog said:

===================================

what does comb filtering sound like? I stacked my 4 cornwalls (currently in use at my church) tweeter to tweeter, and the sound was fantastic!

------------------------------------

WooooooDoooooggggyyyyy, that sounds like total bliss. Bet it sounds awesome filling church space!

----------------

On 7/28/2005 10:49:34 AM KlipsDude wrote:

woodog said:

===================================

what does comb filtering sound like? I stacked my 4 cornwalls (currently in use at my church) tweeter to tweeter, and the sound was fantastic!

------------------------------------

WooooooDoooooggggyyyyy, that sounds like total bliss. Bet it sounds awesome filling church space!

----------------

Couldn't leave them that way, since they are rather imposing visually. But IBSlamming mentioned doing this - stacking the cornwalls tweeter to tweeter- and it sounded like a fun way to spend an afternoon. So why not?

the imaging was superb! The downside of the auditorium space is the reverberation, but still. Fun stuff.

Woo

The comb-filtering comes from phase differences in the same frequency coming from spacially separated diaphragms (and paths) as determined by the listening position.

The differences between stacked speakers (inverted high-end-to-high-end) woofers in a vertical axis and plane will not be as apparent as with horizontally placed drivers, of course. This also assumes an appropriate distance exists between the diaphragms and the listening postition.

In the case of vertically spaced drivers, the HEIGHT of the listening position (i.e., your ears) determines which driver's soundwaves arrive first. More than likely, the listener's ear height is approximate to being about halfway up the stack, so no noticable comb-filtering is apparent.

DM2.gif