Hockey Fans......................

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Did you notice my new I.D.? It's about time both groups got their act together. Boy did the NHLPA cave or what!

Game on, boy is it literally a new game.

Its good to see it back, but Unfortunately ticket prices will continue to be FAR too high! And I think it will be quite awhile before they see many of the fans come back.

And you folks gripe about the Eagles!

Maybe Bono and the boys should get off their holier then thou poltical crusades, cut THEIR ticket prices and do a 'hockey aid' concert to reduce ticket prices.

(Edit! How could anyone interpret this as ANYTHING but utter absurdity and a complete disregard for Bono as being good for anything but a mannequin (mannikin!? look it up!) for modelling sunglasses!? It even hurts to see him promote Apple products!)

We will watch on TV...we won't be attending the games...

Besides, college hockey is a much better deal!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/1/2005 11:29:55 PM dragonfyr wrote:

Its good to see it back, but Unfortunately ticket prices will continue to be FAR too high! And I think it will be quite awhile before they see many of the fans come back.

And you folks gripe about the Eagles!

Maybe Bono and the boys should get off their holier then thou poltical crusades, cut THEIR ticket prices and do a 'hockey aid' concert to reduce ticket prices.

We will watch on TV...we won't be attending the games...

Besides, college hockey is a much better deal!
----------------

I agree, ticket prices are way too high for the average family (unless you get the nose bleed bionocular seats). Ticket prices will always be high just because the sport is so dependent on seat revenues. As far as fans coming back, it will be interesting to see. (I like the Hockey-Aid idea, maybe the money would at least get to the needy instead of being stolen by tyranical governments.)

Same here, we will also be watching on television. We only attend live games because of the opportunity of obtaining free tickets.

College is a great deal, but nothing beats NHL Play-Off Hockey.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/2/2005 10:08:18 AM bigrol21 wrote:

Go Lightning!!
----------------

That was a great Stanley Cup. It seems like decades ago?

Your lucky it was the Flames and not the Sharks; otherwise the cup would be in San Jose.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/2/2005 10:15:38 AM picky wrote:

I agree about the ticket prices, but PAH-LEESE: "We don't need no stinking Bono!" ...or any other elitist-minded celebs for that matter.

GO WINGS!
----------------

What about Karen Newman singing the National Anthem at the "Joe"?

----------------

On 8/2/2005 10:57:59 AM Yes NHL ! wrote:

----------------

On 8/2/2005 10:15:38 AM picky wrote:

I agree about the ticket prices, but PAH-LEESE: "We don't need no stinking Bono!" ...or any other elitist-minded celebs for that matter.

GO WINGS!----------------

What about Karen Newman singing the National Anthem at the "Joe"?

----------------

Oh, Man! That is certainly a bitter-sweet subject for me. I can look at Karen all day long. She's always been a beautiful woman. But, each time she strains to reach for the high note during "the land of the FREE....." I cringe, because she gets pitchy almost every time! EEEYEEEWWW! Just like nails on a chalkboard! 14.gif

But, she is a knock-out!

Karen_Headshot.jpg

post-10177-1381926900739_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 8/2/2005 11:43:57 AM picky wrote:

Oh, Man! That is certainly a bitter-sweet subject for me. I can look at Karen all day long. She's always been a beautiful woman. But, each time she strains to reach for the high note during "the land of the FREE....." I cringe, because she gets pitchy almost every time! EEEYEEEWWW! Just like nails on a chalkboard!
14.gif

But, she is a knock-out!

Karen_Headshot.jpg"<<BR
----------------

I can vouch for that. When I lived in Metro-Detroit, I had 4 tickets, section 110, seventh row off of the ice, on the blue line from 1994-2001. Those were some great times down at the "Joe" and I wasn't/am not even a Red-Wings, cough, cough, excuse me, Dead-Wings fan.

Great news for Wings fans this morning: Stevie Y (Steve Yzerman #19), captain of the Red Wings has signed a one year deal to play his 22nd year with the Wings.

Blues fans may be mourning the fact that their captain, Chris Pronger was just traded to the Edmonon Oilers.

Yea, good to hear that hockey is back! Actually I think all sports should go through this restructuring, athletes are getting paid way too much money... just watch the show "Cribs" for proof of that.

Also I knew Stevie would be back... can you imagine what it's going to be like when he says goodbye at the end of the season... I'd like to be there for that!

On another note, I also heard Colorado passed on Forsberg? Wow!

Yeah, I heard that Peter "Fore-Skin" went to Phili. It looks like they are building a new "goon squad" having added defensemen: Derian Hatcher (from the Wings) Mike Rathje and ChrisTherien.

Also, Chris Chelios is now apparently staying in the Wings' line-up and Mathieu Dandenault has been traded to Montreal.