Scott 233 Integrated amp for sale

robster

SOLD****************SOLD*******SOLD********

Well here is the Scott 233 I bought from a forum member that Craig NosValves rebuilt,I have $900 in it and can offer it to a forum member for $825 plus shipping. It's been said it's a Museum quality piece and I agree! it's truely MINTY! and has the deluxe rebuild and the original wood cabinet is perfect!!The (4) 12AX7's are strong Telefunkens,the output tubes are new JJ's matched by Doug's tubes and a quad of Scott branded 7591 output tubes with 80% life left are included. Also brass knob caps are very shiney,hard to show that in photo. Selling to pay for VRD's. I also put this wonderful 233 on Audigon for $900. Kind of pricey I know. But it's so PRETTY!! hate to sell,but VRD's are comming.

Cheers,

Robert

post-16193-1381926901999_thumb.jpg

Thought I would chime in here and give some history of the 233 amp. It was part of the Smilin buying craze2.gif Steve bought something like 4 different Scott amps all at once. This 233 is by far one of the nicest cosmetic condition Scott amplifier I have ever seen. I still remember sliding the wood case off and being astonished that I had to of been the very first person to ever do so the chassis had a very light dust layer that simply blew off telling me it was stored in a very dry environment which is a good thing. If I remember right Steve originally paid near $500 for it on eBay. I went through it with a 100% deluxe rebuild with Auricaps, New Plate and Cathode resistors, new Sprague Atom electrolytes and bias supply rework with bias test points added for ease of bias setting. Steve never even used this amp more then a few hours since he did a complete 180 and went the separates route. When Robert bought it he opted to have me completely rebuild the high voltage power supply. This amp should work fine for many years. The amp still has a full warrantee on my work good until 2/27/2006.

Craig

Robster it is very nice of you offer this deal to forum members!!

I would go ahead and post on the Klipsch forum that the Scott will be put on Audiogon on a certain date. If no one on the forum right now has the money then Audiogon will have a much larger audience than the Klipsch forum does. Good luck with the sale.

Xman

Thanks X-Man,

the Scott 233 is on Audigon now for $900 and EBAY,but the offer still stands to Klipsch forum members of $825 plus shipping of course. And I can't do simple math any longer,I paid $850 for the 233 plus $70 for high voltage power supply cans replacement plus $55 for the JJ output tubes so a total of $975 is what I have in the Scott 233. Also that doesn't include my ship to cost.

Cheers,

Robert