KW-120 or RSW-15

mdbrien

FYI, Here is a thread where Trey Cannon recomends the THX subs.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=52749&forumID=73&catID=19&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={2DEFB091-02ED-4F1F-9601-19D162073E7D}

....In the simple test I ran on the THX Ultra 2 sub system there was little to no 2nd and 3rd harmonics audible. Thus, the system has little to no distortion at that frequency. (20Hz @ 1 volt in to the amp)

Would I suggest any sub for a 2 ch system / music?

Most of the time no, but in the case of the La Scala, yes.

The La Scala, for the most part, is a pro speaker. Going down to only 45Hz.

It needs a sub...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trey Cannon

Engineering Lab Technician

Klipsch Audio Technologies

trey.cannon@klipsch.com

the kw120 uses a rsw 15 motor stuck on a 12 inch cone. They do it for some reasons like the fact that it is very hard to port a 15 as opposed to a 12. plus it is more convient to have two smaller subs then one big one. But one thing is if the two subwoofers are not in tandem with each other they may actually cancel each other out. Proper tuning and placement is required.

----------------

On 8/6/2005 8:12:17 PM mdbrien wrote:

Hi,

I have a two channel setup. Aragon 8008BB amp, Aragon Aurum Preamp and LaScalas. I'm looking for some advice on which Sub to go with. Should I go with the dual KW-120's or the RSW-15.

Thanks,

----------------

Very simple. Normally I would say the Ultra2's no question, however at that price you could out-do them with a pair of RSW-15's and for lots less cash, depending on your dealer (remember, the KW-120's also require the KA-1000 amp).