salesmans accommodation sample

reznil

I just bought a used pair of klipschorns, serial number on one is 6M677 which I think means it was built in 1974. However, it has something stamped over the sticker in red ink. It looks like it says "SALESMANS ACCOMMODATION SAMPLE" but not sure about about the accommodation word. It then says "NOT FOR RESALE". What does that mean?

Thanks

Don't worry, that's not the Klipsch Police knocking at your door!

Congrats on your purchase of Klipschorns! They are indeed 1974's. How do you like em?

Salesman Accomodation speakers could have been a store sample or a speaker purchased by a Klipsch employee. I understand that they had the same stamp applied to the info tag. Occasionally, these were made in rare veneers, sometimes unusual speaker configurations at the buyers request.

What is the model number of your Khorns- that might give the wood and finish type. Can you post photos?

Michael

They sound awesome, even with the cheapo amp I'm using now. I'm using an "Insignia" (Best Buy brand) 110 watt X 6 channel amp. THD 1%. Can't wait for my Outlaw 750 amp to come in the mail, got it on Ebay for $700.

The model is KB-WO. I am still trying to get the pictures to attach...

That would be walnut, oiled. Check SEARCH for BLO or oiling for info on how to clean and care for your cabinets. MODS column has info on modifications to crossovers, which might need updating or minor repairs, but best to just enjoy for now.

Michael

Make sure your pics aren't too large. If they are sized to be about 600 pixels wide, they should be fine. Save them as a jpg.

You much attach them to a post (first), before writing any text. You can only attach one at a time (one per post).

Once you get that far, we'll post how to make them "inline" where we can see them in your post and not have to open the attachment.

Congrats on the speakers. Just enjoy them for a while before you go fixin' 'em.

Bruce

I usually have a couple of windows open when I'm posting photos: One to upload the images (BTW, makes no difference what threads they are uploaded through, as I cancel each "post" after they're on the Kipsch server), and one the one for the post in which the image(s) will be, using good old HTML to get 'em to show up.

I bought my klipschorns from a guy that used to set up theaters for a klipsch dealer in Utah. Never really asked about the stamp on the serial #. I've also heard that these were sold to the dealers at a reduced rate and Klipsch didn't want them to turn a big profit on their kindness. Enjoy 1.gif

post-16341-1381926907357_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 8/9/2005 8:58:37 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Dang Fini, that must mean I'm almost as smart as you!

Michael

ps- any chance of you changing out that butcher avatar? I made the mistake of looking at it enlarged one day- yuuuccchhhhh, some things, once you see them, you can't UNsee them!

----------------

Yuk yuk!3.gif

Yeah, time for a new avatar. That one was in reference to a long-forgotten post. I will come up with something more appetizing soon...