Large spades / Binding posts for AA crossover

howard

I'm looking for the easiest way to use speaker cables with large spades on

my 1978 Klipschorns, with the AA crossover. We use the Bob Crites replacement

crossover, to be specific. From what I read here, mounting binding posts to

the crossover board seems to be a very good method, but appears to require a little

bit of prep/customization. Maybe I'm wrong (someone tell me, if so). I live in an

apartment, and have no space/tools for making this. Is there anyone who would be willing

to help me out in this regard? I would of course pay for the parts, and work out something for your time as well.

Thank you,

Howard

Sacramento, CA

I understand your predicament, having lived in apts for many years. I would be willing to build these for you. It can be done without modifying or drilling the Khorns too. I would recommend picking up some of the thick, gold plated 1/4" spades and a pair of decent quality binding posts. I can do this for you, make a short pigtail with nice 1/4" spades soldered on one end, soldered to the binding posts on the other. The posts can be mounted to a piece of what amounts to angle iron (actually aluminum for appearance) which can then be velcroed to the speaker at a convenient location. I'll do it for a nominal charge like the parts cost plus $20 and a priority mail stamp. You can email me at tmoble---at---g/m/a/i/l.cahm. I think you figure out the anti-spam stuff there. You can also send PM via the message board here, but it seems like it's slow sometimes.

Hi Howard , Heres what I did . I tried to snip the spade in the middle and bend it at first . I got the ends down to the size needed to fit in the crossover but the wide ends would have touched . Oh well ; snip , snip , byebye spades and hello little eye connectors that fit perfectly . I should have included in the photo one of the unmodified spades for size reference . I love the binding post idea , but my Belles had just traveled more than 2900 miles and I was anxious to get them hooked up and see if every thing was ok . Everything definitely OK , I might ad . Anyway I suggest you go to the "show us your cat thread " , on the first page you will find a photo of La Scalas with the seperate binding post . That really looks like the way to go . I would have included that shot in this reply but I'm a bit of a caveman and have'nt figured out how to do stuff like that yet , much less resize my attachments ! Hell I still use a stick to fix my computer when it acts up ! Bad Computer , Whack , Whack , Ugh Puter Fixed ! 10.gif

post-18289-13819269075284_thumb.jpg