La Scala zero distortion volume

nightrider

----------------

On 8/9/2005 9:08:18 PM DeanG wrote:

The distortion is there in spades. If your ears can handle those SPLs from the LaScala, I suspect you have already damaged your hearing at some point in time.

----------------

I am sitting listening to my lovely La Scala around 11:59pm at a quite heavy SPL level and they are clear as a bell. I am driving them with vintage Eico equipment, the synergy is incredible, maybe the tube's distortion matches the La Scala perfectly, but I have not known a sound better than this. I have been trying for what I am hearing now for almost 45 years. Now I have to leave this to go to work tomorrow, damn. cheers, nightrider

----------------

On 8/9/2005 8:06:50 PM 6foot8 wrote:

Edwin Parrot...there was one new addition a vintage Accuphase C200 in dyno-supreme condition. It still sits in my room waiting to be hooked up.

----------------

Hey, buddy. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Hopefully things will settle down for you soon, and you can appreciate your system.

Hey Nightrider , What kind of power do you have going to the La Scalas . With an abundance of clean power you can drive these speakers to very uncomfortable levels to you , but not damage the speakers , or distort the signal . If however you drive them to a level that makes your Cd or Phono player skip or jump ; " unusual in CD players but can happen " , you will surely Blow Them ! Loud levels and no distortion is IMO a good problem to have . Allthough since I got my Belles a month ago my Tinitus has made a comeback , it was getting better . Uh , What Did You Say ... Hear's To You ! Pun Intended . 10.gif

I can remember what I was doing when I found out Jerry died. Can you?

hehe, It involves a red head and a bottle of captain morgans in a hotel in Vail colorado

As far as the wall of sound. "ladies and gentlemen they have just informed me that everything is just absolutely perfect" B.W.

Althea ...ya man