Switch from cable tv

dtel

• Moderators

Ok i just spent over a hour searching past threads,so i did look.

Looking to get sat tv ,looks like dish network because i want it for hd. Direct tv, you have to buy the hd reciever dish network gives you one.

One of the many things i don't understand about sat tv is if a channel is not listed on the list of hd stations but that channel is broadcast in hd do you get it in hd. Like a local channel that has hd is it hd on sat, we live out of range of ota antenna.

Also who pays to repair or replace sat receivers,can you get a service plan. The reason i ask the power goes out at least 3 or 4 times or much more a month here and when we had digital cable the receivers went out every month or two. It could have just been the receivers because no other equipment had a problem. htr receiver ,dvd ,cd,vcr,tv.

• Like 1

----------------

On 8/10/2005 11:02:44 PM dtel wrote:

One of the many things i don't understand about sat tv is if a channel is not listed on the list of hd stations but that channel is broadcast in hd do you get it in hd. Like a local channel that has hd is it hd on sat, we live out of range of ota antenna.

Most likely it will be in standard definition (SD). I have a digital cable box and there are several shows that say "Broadcast in HDTV (where available)" but they only are in HD if it's a separate channel that is listed as being HD.