Brand New LaScallas!

wired1

All,

Guess what...? I just got my brand new LaScallas... You know... The ones that the moderators said I would not get because they weren't in production???

BobG... Before you start telling people that they "definately" wont be getting stuff... You better get a clue.

Brand new in the box - still sealed from Klipsch.

------------------

This message has been edited by wired1 on 09-20-2001 at 07:55 AM

Wired1

I think Boa12 is on to something here. If Bob G. says they are not producing LaScalas, I believe him. Manufacturers are not generally in the habit of telling people not to bother to try buying their product. I would suspect that your dealer tracked down a pair that had been sitting in someone's inventory for quite some time.

However you ended up with them, congratulations would normally be in order. But the really rotten attitude you generally display towards others in your posts make it impossible to do so. I normally do not post criticizing the manner in which another expresses their opinion. However, this post of yours should not pass without comment.

Even if it turns out that Bob G. was somehow incorrect and your LaScala's snuck out of the factory somehow, your post shows that you are indeed "clueless" when it comes to how to communicate and interact with people.

All of us have, on occasion, made posts that have been perceived by others to be insulting, inflammatory or whatever. Normally this would not be the intent and is simply a by-product of having to use the written word to convey attitudes and feelings. That is not easy for most people. However, many of your posts are obviously intended to insult, belittle and inflame. That is a shame when the rest of us seem to get along so nicely.

This is just an observation and my opinion and I hope it will be taken constructively.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100

Surge Protector: Monster Power HTS-5000

Kevin S,

You have to love these web sites. Everyone seems to know everything but generally dont know anything. I think it is absolutely hilarious that people have responded to my posts the way they have - especially when they dont know crap. Before you speculate on how YOU think I may have gotten my speakers, you should learn to ask the proper questions before making dumb comments. The speakers I got were just made because the dealer gave me status updates with updates from within Klipsch saying so. The wood still has fresh saw dust on them!!! As for my attitude, you better believe it sours when people start flapping at the gums about things they know nothing about - like you. I was told for the longest time that the LaScallas were not in production and that my Krell/Klipsch combination would be disappointing! Perhaps you have the "lay down" attitude when people spout off but I dont. I call it like it is and respond accordingly. The facts are - I got my NEW LaScallas and my stereo sounds INCREDIBLE!!! So do me a favor, crawl into your hole and stay there.

By the way - Im sure BobG doesn't need someone to run to his defense. If you disagree with something I said then post your opinion but dont' be a "do-gooder" and run to someones defense. THats part of the problem on here..

This message has been edited by wired1 on 09-20-2001 at 07:56 AM

Guest Matt Whatley

It is true that the Lascalas are not in production at this time, but either way a Lascala is a Lascala. I'm glad you were able to get a pair and I'm certainly glad to know that you are enjoying them. I have no doubt that they were un-opened. They were likely produced in 1999 and have been sitting somewhere for a while. If you can give me the serial number, I'll gladly tell you the production date. It doesn't matter, it's a Lascala. Congratulations!

-Matt Whatley

Wired1 wrote:

"If you disagree with something I said then post your opinion but dont' be a "do-gooder" and run to someones defense. THats part of the problem on here.."

The problem is that when I posted my opinion, as I did above, I get the type of response that you gave. I'll leave it up to others to choose the proper descriptive adjectives to assign to your response. And nowhere in my post did I run to Bob G's "defense". I simply stated that I believed him and gave my reasons why.

And we sure do not want the board to be over run with "do gooders" now do we.

It is my opinion, that people who truly do know what they are talking about, and/or that truly do want to hear others opinions, do not respond to posts in the manner you do.

So let us have the serial numbers so we can find out who really knows what around here.

Otherwise, I too will endeavor to not to respond to any more of your posts.

------------------

L/C/R: Klipsch Heresy II

Surround: Klipsch RS-3

Subwoofers: 2 HSU-VTF-2

Pre/Pro/Tuner: McIntosh MX-132

AMP: McIntosh MC-7205

DVD: McIntosh MVP-831

CD Transport: Pioneer PD-F908 100 Disc Changer

Turntable: Denon DP-72L

Cassette: Nakamichi BX-1

T.V. : Mitsubishi 55905

SAT/HDTV: RCA DTC-100