vinyl question for you knowledgable guys

joessportster

i have just came across some rare colored vinyl (red, white, & blue albums)beatles albums and a abbey road promo that has a blank label on the lp but the jacket has the listings with a couple songs on the lp. that didnt make it on the released version. i would like to find a place or book that i can get values on these old albums, i also have what seems to be an original john lennon & yoko ono two virgins in mint cond (the infamous nude cover complete with the brown bag) i would also be interested in finding a site that will give advice on how to tell if you have originals or fakes i have discovered some things on my oun by looking around like i know i have 2 fakes of introducing the beatles albums, thanks for any help 10.gif Joe

I wouldn't call the red white and blue vinyl albums RARE. Yes, uncommon compared to the black vinyl, but they were all sold in regular outlets. I bought them way back whenever these special editions came out just for fun.

What two songs are you referring to that did not make it onto Abbey Road?

Every Beatles item imaginable comes up on eBay regularly. That's the definitive price guide.

• Moderators

Joe,

Two Virgins, in near mint condition, books for $150.00.

As far as fakes, Introducing the Beatles has been counterfited so much that it is difficult to list all of the things to look for.

Main things are, "Introducting the Beatles" should all be above the center hole. If "The Beatles" appears below the center hole, it's a fake. If the color green is missing from the rainbow VJ label, it is a fake. Then it gets more complex about whether it has an oval, vs. brackets logo, stereo vs. mono to know if it is fake or not.