Lcd monitors

Skidmarks

Im in the market to replace my 19" CRT with a 19" LCD. I usually go with quality and warranty over price but it doesnt hurt to find a good deal.

If anyone has some suggestions and or advice Im all ears. I notice the aspect ratios widely differ, some have only analog conections and some have digital also. Then theres the widescreen prospect also. As you can see I do not know much about the LCD displays, but could use the room back on my desk. I am also an avide online gamer, and Ive heard LCDs have not been great for gaming in the past?

I have always used KDS monitors because of thier awesome warranty, which comes in handy if there is an issue, and with LCD i hear about pixel loss and burnout? So please feel free to edjucate me, Thanks

thanks for the info, I have done much research and surfing to find out the three biggies are Contrast ratio/response time/and brightness.

All that being said Im down to 2 monitors to decide from lol.

Help me compare these two will ya. #1 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1099390028727&type=product&skuId=6988307&tab=6&productCategoryId=cat01011 and #2 http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=329351&pfp=BROWSE

sorry couldnt figure out how to link it direct.

Anyhow it looks like one has great contrast (1000:1) but has low brightnes levels. and the other has average contrast and high brightness.

While both have supurb response times 8ms for sammy, and 12ms for sony.

I bought a new computer system recently and the monitor I bought is a Viewsonic VP912b. It has a fantastic display quality and a pretty fast 12ms response time. There are absolutely no pixel problems. Im really happy with this unit and they have even newer models with faster response times if that is what you are looking for.

Well I picked up a Samsung 193p+ with some high specs and a hefty price but there was a refund. Anyway the picture was beautiful, and I loved it until I tried to load my first game! I had nothing but problems, couldnt get Battlefield 2 to run, and many other problems occured , including thier magictune software that came so highly rated? In fact once loaded I had lockups left and right. I used a DVI cable, for the digital improvements.

But after 9hrs, and almost 2 hours of Samsung phone tech support, I decided that this shouldnt be so much trouble, and decided to take it back.(I also noticed I want a bigger screen size.

Anyone have issues when switching to LCD

Well I picked up a Samsung 193p+ with some high specs and a hefty price but there was a refund. Anyway the picture was beautiful, and I loved it until I tried to load my first game! I had nothing but problems, couldnt get Battlefield 2 to run, and many other problems occured , including thier magictune software that came so highly rated? In fact once loaded I had lockups left and right. I used a DVI cable, for the digital improvements.

But after 9hrs, and almost 2 hours of Samsung phone tech support, I decided that this shouldnt be so much trouble, and decided to take it back.(I also noticed I want a bigger screen size.

Anyone have issues when switching to LCD