Rear Proj. CRT vs. Plasma/lcd/dlp

mowntnbkr

I find myself in "want" of a new tv to replace my trusty 8 yr old 27" trinitron that will be moved to replace my even trustier way old trinitron (24 yrs 6.gif how will I part with this old friend?)

Anyway, I am pretty limited in not only Screen size but also cabinet size (small house) for those reasons (and others already mentioned) I have already ruled out a CRT Rear Pro and have pretty much narrowed my field down to DLP or LCoS

I'd like to do something around Christmas so I'll have to watch this thread close . . .

I'll be glad if this thread never ends. We have been looking at the 37"-50"+ size screens too.

Flat panel LCD is $$$ and Plasma seems cheaper.

Panasonic plasma "seems" nice enough even though it has the high gloss plastic screen.

The newer rear projection Sony 123LCD is less $$$ and we could get a bigger screen for the same $$$.

Maybe we will just wait until changing technology settles down a bit and I hear some more about the above mentioned.

----------------

On 8/17/2005 3:52:54 PM Speedball wrote:

----------------

On 8/15/2005 5:56:48 PM meuge wrote: Plasmas should be out of the questions before you even start.

Will someone tell me why?

.....Thanks

----------------

I agree with your question...The only knock against plasmas (ok two)

are price and possible burn-in if watching 4:3 formatted TV. Other then

that I think it has a better picture then DLP and LCD.

• Like 1

Plasma for some reason looks really, really super clear. One downside seems to be the screen is high gloss plastic and will show a reflection of any nearby light. We watch widescreen and fullscreen movies so I hope burn in would not be an issue.

LCD Flatscreen looks perfect and is very expensive compared to the others but my guess it has a downside too.

Salesmen give me many different conflicting stories.