Marantz SC80 preamp versus Rotel RB980BX?

Shock-Late

Having to find a new preamp, I currently have the choice between two: one is a remote-controlled Marantz SC80, the other one is a simple rotel RC980BX with only volume and source knobs.

The seller says the rotel is better. In fact he sells the rotel at a 30% higher price than the Marantz (wich costs nearly twice a s much when new) because there's much more demand on Rotel.

But the Marantz has been completely revised by an audiophile, and all original condos have been remplaced with higher quality stuff.

That said, I wasn't able to see any review of the marantz (i've found great reviews of the Rotel). I'd like the marantz because it's less expensive, more beautiful, and it has remote control (quite handy 'cause i'm sitting very far from my electronics). But if it doesn't sound good it's not worth all the stuff.

So what do you guys think? Marantz or Rotel? I've got a Musical fidelity typhoon power amp, La scalas, and a kenwood DP7090 Cd player.

I cant tell you about the Marantz but the Rotel is a good sounding unit.I heard the Rotel and it sounded very detailed with a large Rotel power amp.

Listen to the Marantz then to the Rotel,trust your ears.Be sure the demo is with a good power amp and great quality speakers.

TheEAR(s) Now theears