What is the difference really (SVS again)

Kriton

As far as i know, the B4 has four db12 drivers in a "push pull" configuration therefore has the equivalent output of two db12 drivers in a larger enclosure.

The PB12 Ultra/2 has two TV-12 drivers which have about 25% more displacement than two db12 drivers...

So technically, if these subwoofers are excursion limited, the PB12 Ultra-2 has more output than the B4. Playing at the same volume, the PB should be functioning further from it's maximum than the B4.

This is all hypothetical... you should ask the manufacturer directly, given their reputation for reasonable recommendations.

They are overpriced. You want bass? Get the THX Ultra 2 sub/amp combo

?? ummm... that's what he wanted to buy. If you reread the thread, you'll see Klipsch doesn't foresee exporting them to Australia... and hence the reason he is looking elsewhere. A passive SVS with an 220V pro amp is a logical alternative...

Rob

I am really sorry to takeover someone else thread, after reading many review, from people all around the world, i think svs rocks in the sub world very much, also because of the price and value and availablity issue.. Yeap, SVS PB 12 ultra 2 is the way to go.. i saw some really nice finish, really good looking, i don't know why they don't show it on the SVS website.. on the website they don't look so good.. check these out..

post-10786-13819271968226_thumb.jpg