Tough Choice... Harmon Kardon AVR635, Marantz SR7500, Denon AVR-3805

Tim_in_NC

This decision is getting very tough...Even after searching around for more info...

This receiver is for the following Speaker setup...

RP-5's as Mains (Ea. powered with 550w Sub)

RF-3's as Rears

RC-3 as Center

Most Klipsch Dealers that I've spoken to have almost all recommended the Harmon Kardon ...

I've been running Yamaha receivers for some time now, but I'd like to try something new...

I listened to these amps and haven't really been able to tell very much difference from the little time demoing these units...

Any help...??? Has Klipsch ever recommended a brand of receiver to compliment their Speakers?

Thanks...

The H/K avrs sound good, but there are issues with the processor section. There are threads on the AVS forum for amps and receivers about the problems.

Pioneer Elite has new models coming out right now. The VSX-74TXVi has 9 band room correction and i.link. The same receiver is available without i.link as the VSX-72TXV. They both have HDMI 1.1 switching.

Pioneer was the first receiver manufacturer to come out with auto setup and acoustic room correction. They seem to have less problems with these features due to their experience. The new models have some EQ on the subwoofer channel.

Bill

For what it's worth, I am currently running a six channel Denon AVR-2802 with my Forte's and Quartet's and am very happy with the 'warm' sound that it produces to say the least.

Currently, I am on a quest to upgrade my receiver to 7 channel with the intention of buying a Denon AVR-3806 which is due to come out next month. It is my understanding that this unit will cost around $1199 and is capable of HDMI if that is important to you.

I am very partial to Denon and honestly have not auditioned the H/K, Pioneer, or Yamaha.

Has anyone compared the four? Is it true that the Denon has a 'warmer' sound than the Pioneer, H/K, and Yamaha? Do these three reveal a 'brighter' sound to Klipsch speakers as opposed to Denon? Anyone with input?

Thanks Guys,

I went and demoed the HK again last night... It does sound pretty good but I'm having a hard time getting past the remote... I might even start looking at the HK AVR7300 ... From what I read, the amps within the 7300 are very, very strong for an A/V Receiver...

Keep the comments coming...

-TIM

Don't worry about the remote -- there is a Pronto or a TheaterMaster or a Harmony in your future anyway. I'm very happy with my HK, and as for issues, issues shmissues. Every company has them. As far as I can tell, most of the complaining about HK at the AVS forum comes from one guy whose full-time job it is to complain about HK at the AVS forum.

Harmon kardon or new Denon are the most recommended multi-channel receiver choices here cant think of any long time experienced posters strongly recommending Yamaha. Harmon kardon specs are real they measure what they say they measure MOST others do not and there is a table somewhere in here showing that. 10.gif

I would REALLY like to have a Harmon Kardon AVR635 myself!

----------------

On 8/26/2005 9:26:11 AM Colin wrote:

...Harmon kardon specs are real – they measure what they say they measure – MOST others do not and there is a table somewhere in here showing that.
10.gif

----------------

I would love to see that table . . . I not only need education, I love to learn 10.gif

The HK sound pretty hard to pass up with my speaker setup... Most people agree Klipsch + HK = "A very pleasing sound!"

It will probably either by the AVR635 or the AVR7300 ...

I've found the AVR635 from a authorized online dealer for ~ $650 and the AV7300 for ~ $1280

Is the AV7300 worth twice the price? I do like the extra power...but I don't really think I need the upconverting...

-TIM