New Girl in the House

rplace

Hmmm, lets see first post with the new forum should be a good one. How about I show you the new girl in my life and at the same time I see if I can post a picture. If this works I will give more detail in a post below. I think you all know what the girls name is. It starts with a B. She looks pretty good for an old girl. Seen a bit of hard times has some bumps and bruises but over all she looks pretty nice.

post-16462-13819269461018_thumb.jpg

Well that was not too badbut it looks like we only get on pic per post. Anybody know how to work around that? I cant seem to upload the image unless I use the post button.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Anyway here is another. This shot is from the closet under my basement stairs not the greatest but if you look on the left side you can see a Heresy surround and some of the treatments I put over my French doors to cut down on the harsh reflections off of the glass. Really darkens the room too

post-16462-13819269462258_thumb.jpg

Rich, you have sure progessed quickly once you got a taste of the big horns! So what sonic differences have you noticed with the addition of the Belle? Does the difference in bass response between it and the Chorus make a perceptible difference?

I use a La Scala center and the accuracy and detail of the thing is mind blowing. DeanG made me up a special version of the DHA2Xover that runs the tweeter a little hotter and it is stunning. I have been slowly upgrading the AK-2's in my '88 Klipschorn mains. They are at AK-3 functionality and I just recently replaced the 13uf cap in there with 13uf's of Kimber Kaps and did notice a positivie difference. I only need to get the last six 2uf caps replaced which I just ordered. Boy are good caps pricey!

Enjoy! It looks sweet.

OK, enough pictures here is the story. GaryMD and I set out Saturday morning to track down the ever elusive beast. WO Belle pair in decent shape within driving distance that does not require a 2nd mortgage. Yea that is a tall order but if finally came together.

Joe aka Joessporster was the gracious organ donor. Dont feel at all sorry for Joe, he has really nice looking set of WL khorns now and a killer vinyl set up with more LPs then some record stores I have been in.

GaryMD was on a tight time table so we did not have much time to enjoy Joes fine hospitality. I wish I had more time to check out his turntable as I am green with envy. Thanks Joe! We drove like he!! threw the Belles in the back of my KlipsMover and drove what seemed be an eternity through Saturday-last-minute-school-shoppers and highway-clogging-idiots who dont get out of the left lane for Klipsch-ers in a hurry.

At any rate we made it back to my pad for a quick song or two on my gear and quick workout of the home theater. I am sure <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Gary was happy to leave as my vinyl set up probably hurt his ears (Gary really has the finest set up I have heard to date). I dont think I am doing too badly with the HT end of things and I think Gary enjoyed The Who and Dianna Krall Concert DVD cuts. No time for a real movie thrashinganother day, Gary.

As rushed as it was I had a blast. Always nice to meet forum members (Joe) and picking up the last piece of my 7.1 Heritage puzzle was icing on the cake.

So what sonic differences have you noticed with the addition of the Belle? Does the difference in bass response between it and the Chorus make a perceptible difference?

Enjoy! It looks sweet.

Frzn, Saturdays events along with cleaning up the Belles did not leave too much time for critical listening. My wife and I watched one movie Saturday night (In Good Company) not much of a move for soundbut it did have a lot of dialogue.

What I noticed about the Belle over the Chorus was that it seemed to be more voice like and a bit deeper. Not deeper in a Bass-ey sort of waybut fuller. To me is sounded more like hearing your own voice when you talk rather then listening to somebody else talk. That is more breathy and resonate. Almost as if you are feeling the vibration in your lungs and sinuses. Hard to explain different then the Chorus. I liked it. I never really thought the Chorus had any timbre problems with the khorns though. Maybe my ear is not the critical. At any rate it looks great having that front three.

Looks good, Rich. One question though: Why do you have that little black college dorm refrigerator between your Belle and the Klipschorn?

Ya can't have everything instantly. It has taken me about 15 years to get my HT to the point it is now. Long way from Dolby pro logic and Forte II in my one bedroom apartment.

Send me 3,800 bucks and I will run out tomorrow and get the THX Ultra II dual subs and amp. I'll even let you listen any time you like[;)]