my new toy er tool

travisc

Youv'e never heard that ? It pretty much means you have to spend money to buy something that you need to do another job , so you can make more money to buy something that you need etc. , etc. , etc... Sorry , it's just a phrase that was used alot back in the late 80's when I worked at Scotsdale Porche + Audi . [au]

what department were you in?

At the time , I was attending American Tech. Center ; a competitor of UTI Tech. . I worked as a lot jockey / shop support at the dealership . Pay wasn't great but I did get to drive everything Porsche made . We were also an authourized Lamborghini dealer , and I got to drive some of those too . One of my favorite memories from then was the time I got to drive a Countach through downtown Phx. to deliver to a customer . Pretty Darn Cool !!!

Ya thats a dealership, I was a Volvo tech for a couple of years. Not bad money but a lot of whine asses. Worried about who was getting what work.

Ive been doing this for about 13 years, and I am the only mechanic at a shop thats only been in business for about a year and a half. They still need little things and hes pretty good about my suggestions on what to buy. Now if I could just get a better tranny jack.

I really got it made, I work half day mondays and generally take wednesdays off, no weekends. Got him pretty well trained. When I am there its game on. and he schedules accordingly.

oh and he buys lunch[:)]