Amp Reccommendations For Klipschorns ??

ka7niq

I would be especially interested to know what amps you guys are running on your Klipschorns ?

Right now, i just have a TEAC tri Path amp powering them.

My tube pre amp is down, so I cant try any of my amps yet ?

I did try them with a JVC RX DP 9 receiver, and they sounded horrible ?

Funny, because the big JVC has sounded excellent, except on the CF 4;s, and now the Khorns.

I prefer a warm, rich sound, and cant stand harshness, and I like 3d imaging.

I will give up the last bit of detail for smoothness, and would rather have a roll off then be bright.

I've run a lot of different amps, and preamps..both tube, SS and intregrated..from a HK730 to Adcom, Krell, and a tubed Scott 130 preamp and an SET 300B tube amp. Right now I have all new McIntosh gear, all tubed..a C2200 pre and an MC275 amp..still breaking them in, and also am in the process of adding room acoustic treatment, which I should have done YEARS ago! I have yet to report my findings on the Mac gear, until I treat the room. Up to this point, without the room treatments, I must say my favorite combo has been the old Scott 130 pre and the SET 300B amp together..I think the Mac stuff might be here to stay though..

Steve

Using a McIntosh MC352 amp which is the best I've tried for solid state. It is extremely smooth & musical. The soundstage is incredible. It has taken me off of the amp merry-go-round.

2nd best would be Edge Electronics M4-used 500.00 to 700.00 goes great with Klipsch. Have tried tubes and can never get past the noise of tube rush and the care & feeding. Need to have complete silence at idle and between passages. Having said that I would not mind a DEMO of the McIntosh MA2275 integrated-after reading the reviews. Here is my current set-up.

Pre-Luminous Audio Axiom

Amp-McIntosh MC352

Perpetual Technologies P1 & P3 with Monolithic power supply

Onkyo DVD for a transport

PS Audio-Power Plant 300-Ultimate Outlet-UPC-200

Revelation Audio Labs-Cables

2000 Klipschorns

Best of luck in your amp quest!