surround and center matches for KG 3.5

tom45

Hello,

I'm new to the forum....I have a pair of Klipsch KG 3.5 floorstanding speakers. Does anyone have suggestions for matching center and surround speakers from either new or discontinued Klipsch products?

I'd also like to hear opinions about the KG 3.5 in general....music, home theater, is it too harsh on the high end, etc. Thanks!!

HI and welcome to the forum.

Stick with other speakers from the KG Line.

If you are looking for bookshelfs for surrounds, you can't go wrong with the KG2.2 or the 2.5 (They are both the same speaker, just made in different years...)

At one point in my HT experience I had a all KG line up. Pretty impressive sound for the price. KG's are the best bang for your buck speaker in the Klipsch line up. They sound great IMHO even with middle of the road electronics backing them. They seem to be more forgiving than some of the more "high end" Klipsch speakers.

The matching center for your speakers is a KG2.2v or 2.5v (again virtually the same speaker)--the v simply means it is video shielded so that it can sit next to your CRT TV without distorting the picture.

If you are interested, I am in the market to sell a pair of KG2.2's in a light oak finish. They are an 8/10 comsmetically. $150 plus shipping and they are yours...(nice pairs on ebay go for about $200)

Private message me if you are interested.

I agree with the above poster. You may also add the KV2 to your list of potential center speaker choices. I am currently using a KG 2.2v for a center and KG 1s as rears with my KG 5.5s up front. I also am in the market to sell a pair of KG 2.2s and a KG 2.2v all in black if you are interested. Note, you will not/should not mount KG 2.2 or 2.5 on a wall in a rear speaker situation as they are ported in the rear.

Tom,

First of all.... Welcome to the forum!

Your question depends on what kind of setup your room can accomodate. The best sound match would be identical 3.5's in all speaker positions. I did this for my first 6.1 setup and it was fantastic. Sounded as good as speakers costing several thousand dollars. Voice matching your speakers is the secret to audio nirvana. When they all use the same "guts" it's very easy to achieve a seamless soundstage. I even converted one 3.5 into a horizonal center channel. Here's a pic without the grill...

The 3.5's have a very good soundstage by design and with the port positioned on the front are very versatile when positioning in a room. They can be had on Ebay all the time(there are a couple of pairs there now) for $150-$200 pair. You can't beat that kind of bang for the buck!

Good luck and if you have any other questions, ask away. The guys here are very helpful (when you are polite) and willing to share their experiences.