Why not a Forte III?

busterfree

Well what drivers are you going to put in the Forte III? I think it

would end up costing about as much as a cornwall 3, and most of

the people that will be shelling out that kind of money probably

won't have as much of a problem with the size issue (which is the only

"advantage" to the forte...I don't really consider a reduction in size

to be an advantage, but then again I don't have WAF issues) [;)]

I think Klipsch should market the Heritage line to single men between 25-50 with a average income of $40,000 or up. Most couples going into a hifi store will end up getting what the wife approves. Which is speakers that do not take up much room. Plus convincing the wife to spend $3000 plus on speakers is not easy since she wants to spend half of it on really important things like shoes, clothes, and jewlery.

I am 40 never been married and bought 2004 La Scalas last year. If I had a wife then that would have never happened!

A Forte 3 would have a better chance for the wife to approve than a Cornwall 3.

Xman

I think Klipsch should market the Heritage line to single men between 25-50 with a average income of $40,000 or up.

I agree.

Also, the footprint is a big selling point. The bigger speakers will have a tough time in a smaller room for a variety of reasons.

I have not been to an audio store in a while, but it is hard to imagine a lot of competition for a real wood three-way floor standing full range speaker costing about $2,000. Who is the competion besides the RF-7?

Whether married or single, pulling the trigger on a good sound speaker is easier at $2,000 than $5,000.

If they make a forte 3, do they use the 2 as a model or the original? If i understand correctly, the 2 uses the tractrix horn, and the original uses the old exponential.

Also, their is condisderable debate over whether the 15" passive or the 12" passive was a better choice in this cabinet.

It would be interesting to see A Forte 3. It would be nice too if they created a center to match...maybe reintroduce the Academy?

I think Klipsch should market the Heritage line to single men between 25-50 with a average income of $40,000 or up.

Most couples going into a hifi store will end up getting what the wife

approves. Which is speakers that do not take up much

room. Plus convincing the wife to spend $3000

plus on speakers is not easy since she wants to spend half of it on

really important things like shoes, clothes, and jewlery.

I am 40 never been married and bought 2004 La Scalas last year. If I had a wife then that would have never happened!

A Forte 3 would have a better chance for the wife to approve than a Cornwall 3.

Xman

They can stress the wisdom and longevity of buying real quality. My

Cornwalls have outlasted two wives and assorted girlfriends...

[:D]

Klipsch could produce either the Forte 3 or the Cornwall 3, but not both. The Heresy 3 is a given as is the new La Scala. Which one has better market potential given the rest of the line?

I believe it is the Forte. I also believe that the Academy or a similar speaker needs to be brought back so that you can build Heritage home theaters more easily.

Bill