Any word on new Hertiage compatible Center Channels?

eq_shadimar

Here is a quick and dirty sketch. As short as possible, and maybe

make the left side stick out to make it so when you have it centered on

the screen, the horns are even closer to center.

I would likely buy such a cabinet and put my Heresy parts in it.

A vertical Heresy!

" I have always felt that an acoustically transparent screen would not be quite as good a picture nor quite as good a sound."

Depends upon the screen. Some are considerably better then others in that regard. Screen Research screens are highly regarded though very expensive.

Depending upon room height/screen size you may be able to fit LaScala's under the screen to avoid having to deal with the expense of an acoustically transparent screen. This will tend to constrain your available height in most room though. To keep a wide picture consider a 2.35 screen used in a constant height setup. This is what I did in my theater.

" Also, you'd lose two feet or so from the length of your room that way...""

You build a fake 'screen wall' and cover it with black acoustically transparent cloth. This is nice because it totally draws the viewers attention to the screen and hides all the speakers and subs behind the screen wall. And at the same time minimizes reflections from up front. You can also put a lot of acoustic treatments behind the screen and keep them hidden from view.

Moving the picture forward also increases the apparent size of the screen for the viewers.

Shawn

I my self was throughing around the idea of useing some heresy parts. That idea never got off the drawling board. I currently have 2, 84 La Scalas for my fronts and in the process of aquireing heresys for my souround speakers...... A friend and I recently purchased some la scalas. We are going to use the horn and tweeter only for our custom boxes. I think this would make a good center channel. The base will be missing. But, I only watch movies with my home adio and have very little need for base. I just care about crissip sounds from the center. IMO good luck.

"We are going to use the horn and tweeter only for our custom boxes. I

think this would make a good center channel. The base will be missing.

But, I only watch movies with my home adio and have very little need

for base. I just care about crissip sounds from the center. "

You will be missing lower mids too. The woofer on the LaScala covers up

to 400hz. Missing that is going to make vocals (esp. male vocals) sound

bad.

Shawn