Ipod + 2 channel system = ?

AnalOg

Hey all,

I can almost anticipate the responses I will receive, but here goes.

Picked up an Ipod to carry my whole cd library around with me to enjoy. Thrilled to death with it so far, bought a different set of headphones for it though, those ear pods kill. I picked up an Itrip fm modulater to send the signal to my car stereo ( I don't have a cd player) and shop stereo, its the bomb as far as convienence, sound quality not the best, but it is what it is.

I,ve been considering picking up the base for this toy so it can put use of its line out function and hook it up to my 2 channel system, to see if it works better than going through the headphone mini jack which is terrible in terms of sound quality. Anyone try this and notice any difference or am I just wasting my time and money, and just stick to its practical purpose.

Tom

I have used my Ipod with the adaptor cable for mini-headphone jack to RCA and plugged into my 2 Ch system. Uh......No. Convenient little device but we are in agreement as to sound quality.

I never thought it would be any better any other way. But I have never tried.

Depends on what you are looking for. I have ran mine from the headphone jack to a Dynaco SCA35 with KS1.1's and the sound is cool at low volumes. Haven't tried it on the 2 channel system yet.

I am interested in better ear plugs though. Where and what did you get. Improvement? how much?

Hi,

To my ears the iPod sounds much better using the line out on the mounting base than the headphone jack on the iPod itself. For one, the signal is stronger. Two, when you use the headphone jack the signal is going through the iPod's little amplifier and IMHO it tends to distort when you turn the volume up (which you have to do if you connect to your stereo with the headphone jack).

I've noticed no difference in sound from the line-out port when running off of battery or using AC power.

My 1 year old iPod came with a base so it didn't cost anything. To my ears the cost of a base would be worth it if I listened to the iPod through my stereo a lot. But, your mileage may vary!

Mace