SC Forum Members

Woodog

Anyone around the Columbia/Camden/Florence/Sumpter area?

I'd love to hear your system if you'd be willing to show it off! I promise I'll not move any speakers around. [:)]

Seriously, I'm in South Carolina, state of my birth and some 27 years, to help my mom out after hip surgery. She's doing fine for 73 years old. I have some time and thought if I could get my schedule together with anyone out there it would be cool to listen to someone else's setup.

PM, etc.

Thanks,

Woodog

Woodog,

Hope you locate some forum members in SC. I'm not sure if he has

relocated there, but it seems like Chris Robinson mentioned some time

back that he would be over that way near the coast.

That is very decent of you to help your mom out after her surgery. Hope all goes well for her.

Hi Woo , wstrikland " Billy " lives in Columbia . I live in Charleston about an hour and a half away . Hey the water temp. here has dropped to 80 degrees , maybe you should come down for a swim . I do have a couple extra surfboards as well .[ip]

Hey SBW, thanks for the invite, but I am going to Conway/Myrtle Beach area today (rain later this week, I'm afraid) since my brother lives there and he recently got a new house. I do like Charleston, just no time for the extra trip this time.

Gavin (my son) brought along Josh, his friend, and Josh has never seen the ocean, so I thought that might be a treat for him - especially this time of year when it's not knee-deep in tourists - plus I wanted to see my brother's new digs.

I did get a Klipsh fix yesterday as I was driving around 5 points in Columbia yesterday. I saw a neon sign "Klipsch SPKRS" and a poster "Legend in Sound" and I went into a shop there (Frawley's). Mr. Frawley must be in his 80's and had lots (LOTS) of RB and RF series about, a couple of pairs of Heresys and in the backroom there was a pair of Khorns! It is a really cluttered shop but he showed off his systems to me and talked about Paul Klipsch and showed me some of the correspondence he had had with him. It was a bunch of fun.

My kid's face dropped when he saw the sign and he leaned over to Josh and said, 'we'll never get him out of there'. LOL

Again, thanks for the invite, but I don't think I can swing Charleston this time out. Another time!

Woo

Woo,

You're welcome to come back to Georgia to stop and see Kim and I again. We are in the new house and the system is set up quite a bit nicer than your last visit. Another difference is that we are married now and the stereo is ALL in the basement now. (go figure that one)

This is a good weekend for us as well.

The new house is only about 5 miles from the old one. Hope you can consider.