Aware of forum problem, working on it!

Amy

Use pipes! This allows you to perform a search, then sort the results for subsequent contents, and those contents for other contents etc.!

for example:

People | US&Canada| Male | 42 | March

This will sort for items defined as people, then the results will be sorted for locales equal to the US and Canada, the results of which will be sorted by gender equal to male, which will then be sorted for ages equal to 42 , which will then be sorted for birthdays in March - assuming these fields are defined...

In this site we don't have defined fields so you are simply sorting by distinctive words. You just narrow the results of each query by the specification of a new term...

LaScala | plans | crossover | AAA
will search for the word LaScala, then this result will be sorted for occurances of the word plans, which will be sorted for the word crossover which will be sorted for the word AAA.

It works quite well, as opposed to the utterly dysfunctional old..., well whatever it was! As that monstrosity certainly wasn't an effective search engine!
[:P]

Oh, and I suspect that you can use all of the logical Boolean operators in addition to & and OR, but I really haven't played with them.

Use pipes! This allows you to perform a search, then sort the results for subsequent contents, and those contents for other contents etc.!

for example:

People | US&Canada| Male | 42 | March

This will sort for items defined as people, then the results will be sorted for locales equal to the US and Canada, the results of which will be sorted by gender equal to male, which will then be sorted for ages equal to 42 , which will then be sorted for birthdays in March - assuming these fields are defined...

In this site we don't have defined fields so you are simply sorting by distinctive words. You just narrow the results of each query by the specification of a new term...

LaScala | plans | crossover | AAA

will search for the word LaScala, then this result will be sorted for occurances of the word plans, which will be sorted for the word crossover which will be sorted for the word AAA.

It works quite well, as opposed to the utterly dysfunctional old..., well whatever it was! As that monstrosity certainly wasn't an effective search engine! [:P]

Oh, and I suspect that you can use all of the logical Boolean operators in addition to & and OR, but I really haven't played with them.

Well, I have tried the pipes and its not working for me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong

Lets say I want to search "Cornscala". Now I am only interested in the last month or this month's postings. Using "Cornscala | October" or "Cornscala | 10" doesn't work. I get tons of Crap to sort through. Is there anyway to sort by date? "Anyone, Anyone, Bueller".