KLF-30's & KV-4 Center

gbrlex

I know the perfect timbre match for the KLF-30's is the KLF-C7 Center. Does anyone have any experience with the KV-4 & KLF-30's? I have that combination now and it sounds good to me. I was thinking about getting a C7 if it would greatly improve the sound.

I know the perfect timbre match for the KLF-30's is the KLF-C7 Center. Does anyone have any experience with the KV-4 & KLF-30's? I have that combination now and it sounds good to me. I was thinking about getting a C7 if it would greatly improve the sound.

I was using a KV 4 up until 4 or 5 months ago with my KLF 30s along with a hodge-podge of surround speakers. I thought it was the best sounding system in the world and it was the best sounding system in MY world. I found a C7 down in Georgia and changed out the KV 4 and I definitely thought it sounded better, however in the course of a month I started making wholesale changes to the system, like adding a new B & K Ref 200.7/Ref 50, KLF-20s for side surrounds and RB-35 for rear surrounds so I never really had a chance to hear the difference JUST the center change made. I will tell you though, IMO the KV4 is NOT as bad of a match as you would think. I'm sure there are those that would consider that statement blasphmey, but the KV4 is one heck of a powerful center. Not that it matters, but the horn (not the motor) is the same as the midrange horn in the KLF 20/30 (K-703). ANyway, I still have my KV 4 set aside for I don't know what, but it is a really good speaker, just not a "perfect" match to the Legends. I am in the process of building a KLF 20 center, the I will move my C7 to the rear center for an all Legend set up. I will end up getting another C7 so I can go 7.1 after this is complete. Maybe I will sell the KV 4 to fund it. If you had the chance to sell the KV 4, do it and get a C7. I would think the KV 4 would be easy to unload as they seem to be somewhat rare.

Billy

Thanks for responding. I noticed you live in Columbia, SC. I'm in Lexington, SC. I would imagine you probably bought your gear from Mr. Frawley.

I don't have the room for a large center such as a modified KLF-30. The KV-4 sounds really good to me and I'm using Forte II for surrounds along with a M&K subwoofer. I've just heard so much about the KLF-C7 I may just go ahead and buy one and try it out.

Are you pleased using the KLF-C7's as surrounds?

The KV-4's are a very capable speaker and are quite rare. They

were design to be the top end center channel for the CF series of

speakers that were built from 1994-1996. If either of you decide

to sell your KV-4, post it here on the forum first, someone will snap

them right up!

gbrlex,

I had KLF-30's as surrounds for several months before I "downsized" to

C7's. The C7's are a great speaker and do a fine job as

surrounds. As good as the Forte's are, the C7's will give you a

better "voice match" with the 30's up front and therefore a deeper,

richer, more detailed soundstage.

Just my 2 cents...your mileage may vary...[;)]

Thanks for responding. I noticed you live in Columbia, SC. I'm in Lexington, SC. I would imagine you probably bought your gear from Mr. Frawley.

I don't have the room for a large center such as a modified KLF-30. The KV-4 sounds really good to me and I'm using Forte II for surrounds along with a M&K subwoofer. I've just heard so much about the KLF-C7 I may just go ahead and buy one and try it out.

Are you pleased using the KLF-C7's as surrounds?

I have not bought anything from Frawley.....yet. He stocks Heresys and has Khorns set up for demo. He's a good guy, a little eccentric and his shop is a mess but he knows his speakers. He had several pair of CF 2s the last time I was in there and they were sweet @ $650 a pair.

glad we're getting rain finally, it's gonna hurt business but my yard's lovin' it.

Billy