RB-35's

axelsrd

I have a pair of 35's that I use in my 2 channel (LP's only) system hooked up to a vintage Pioneer SX 950. My new house has a wall with built in shelves. The shelves are not tall enough to stand the 35's up vertically without having to cut shelves apart which I don't and will not do. My question is, is their any harm in laying the 35's on their side (horizontal). Will/does this affect the sound quality?

Thanks. Any help would be usefull.

This dispersion of the tweeter will not be quite as wide, but so long as they're pointed pretty much into the sweet spot, shouldn't matter.

Only the older Reference (RB3, RB5) were capable of the 'tweeter-turn' manouvre. Newer models have the tweeter horn molded as a single piece with the motor board and cannot be rotated. The trade-off is that they have the port in the front, so can be placed in a bookshelf without compromising the port.

Michael

Ive been craving the Holy grail lately, its on my netflix que list

"Who art though who are so wise in the way of science" hehehe

Just buy it, but get the good version with 'pink frilly edges' The commentary tracks are great. Even better is the Life of Brian.

'Tell me again how sheeps bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes'

Michael