Decorator Heresey- PIX ARE UP!

colterphoto1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's finishing up day for these beauties.

Got the backs and rear edges painted black and the new gold posts installed- they are stunning. And I took the time to orient the holes in the binding posts vertically.

Question, with all this high quality speaker wire running around- was stripping off the ends of the original Klipsch internal wiring to solder to the new posts- 18 ga!! So are any of you guys being anal enough to rewire the entire speaker box?

Todd won't want to see the 'after' photos- these are stunning! I'm taking them outside for their photo shoot right now!

Michael

there decorators are looking way nice! (and sounding very good too).

That rope caulk and egg foam damping really helped out a lot.

It took me a while to figure out why they looked so different until I

realize that there was no inset for a grill cloth....aka a very flat

front face and they way colter painted in the inside edges really looks

cool.

Get some pics up dude!

pix coming later today gang. Todd, I'm thinking of selling these as the walnut finish just doesn't go with anything in my home, paneling or furniture-wise. Hate to do it after all the work, but I've got two other pairs of Heresies here ..

Although none as uber-cool as these decorators.....

Michael

pix coming later today gang. Todd, I'm thinking of selling these as the walnut finish just doesn't go with anything in my home, paneling or furniture-wise. Hate to do it after all the work, but I've got two other pairs of Heresies here ..

Although none as uber-cool as these decorators.....

Michael

So I take it you'll be selling all of your Walnut Cornwalls, as well? You can use that money to buy a stinking digital camera, so we wouldn't have to wait so long. Post now or may Bose be with you for eternity.

Todd, the walnut you used for this project is a very dark brown, without any of the gold tones of the general population of Klipsch walnuts. Maybe it's Black Walnut, I dunno, I like the cabinet design and the quaility is tops, but the color just doesn't work for me.

M

Yeah, I got busy and didnt' get to the lab today. Digital camera probably coming for Christmas. Happy Xmas to me[:(]

You gonna get that digital addon thing to your analog cameras? I have

no clue what I'm talking about other than the thing the other

photographer dude mentioned at that wedding...speaking of which I

really want to see how those pictures turned out. I can't believe you

let me pull the trigger on a few of them [;)]

Todd, the walnut you used for this project is a very dark brown, without any of the gold tones of the general population of Klipsch walnuts. Maybe it's Black Walnut, I dunno, I like the cabinet design and the quaility is tops, but the color just doesn't work for me.

M

Yeah, I got busy and didnt' get to the lab today. Digital camera probably coming for Christmas. Happy Xmas to me[:(]

Don't know that for sure. They do appear to take on a darker tone. How'd they sound?

I'd say that all the minor mods really helped. I'm not sure about the vinyl paint I put on those old crusty woofers, but it sounds tight and sharp. I might be onto something with that paint trick.

That foam you gave me was perfect for the interiors and I did the rope caulk on the mid horn.

Had them in the garage on top of the LSI's rocking the neighborhood this afternoon. Then brought them inside and have them hooked up on top of the CW mains right now. They do look AWESOME, it's so cool to see inside and see the drivers, except they're so BLACK and with the edge paint, it's just like three black holes in the cabinet with the sweetest sounds pouring out.

Ok, maybe they're keepers....

Michael

There's several threads here on the DAMPENING foam. I'm not talking about the rope caulk on the horn here. But to dampen internal cabinet vibrations and standing waves, general rule is to apply foam to one of each of two parallel sides. For my Heresy project, Todd provided softly undulating foam (not deep eggcrate type) about 1" thick and fairly soft. I placed it so it was a tight fit on the bottom, up one side, and then wedged against the tweeter about halfway across the top panel. Didn't feel that I needed to do the back, as there are sufficient drivers on the front panel that no standing waves could really develop front-back.

M