Who has $4K to lend me?

rplace

St.P, sent you email on the other item (Chorus). As for this obviously the more the merrier as we can pool our cash to make it happen. Down side is that I be we all want the same LPs and thus makes the split more difficult.

As for the record cleaner I will gladly clean all involved parities LPs and keep it for you until you need it next [;)]

Michael, of your list these are my conflicts. I am sure there are some you did not want that I do, but these are the immediate conflicts I see.

Nirvana - Nevermind (Factory Sealed - Limited Edition)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Traffic - The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys (Factory Sealed - Limited Edition)

REM - Murmur (Special Limited Edition (Factory Sealed - Limited Edition)

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (Factory Sealed - VERY RARE)

but you can have my very nice version ;-)

Little Feat - Waiting For <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Columbus (Factory Sealed)

Pink Floyd - Meddle (Limited Edition)

Elton John -

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
(Limited Edition)

Boston - Boston (Limited Edition)

Previn, London Symphony - Tchaikovsky, 1812, Romeo And Juliet

Rod Stewart - Blondes Have More Fun

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

The Beatles - The Collection Box Set (includes Geo-Disc)

CBS Mastersound

ELO - Greatest Hits

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Classic Records Limited Edition

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti (Factory Sealed)

Alice In Chains - Dirt (Factory Sealed)

I'll be flexible on just about everything except the Zep Phys Graf (#1 on my list, I have a GOLD RECORD award of this baby, saw the Zep in 77, got maced by cops, etc.) Also would love a Pink Floyd DSOM, but also a big fave is the Meddle.

I can live without anything else, so long as the split is fair. My list was just a quick edit from the site.

As I said, maybe assign values to the big name pieces, divide that fairly based on value, then just round robin through the rest would give every one some jewels and some to sell. I don't know how else to do it fairly.

The only other option would be for one guy to buy it all and piecemeal it out.

Michael

CP1, sent you a couple of PMs you get them?

My list was just a quick edit of yours I think we really don't have that many conflicts. Like you I am flexible on most. You got my vote...you can have all the Led Zep...you earned it. [:D]

Maybe you, me and St. Pat should make a wish list ranked from high to low leaving out the high end items like you suggest and see where we are. At typical price of 30-35 if we each end up with 30 that would be a "worth" of about $3K or a grand each. I would think we could come to terms on the high end stuff and resell the unwanteds for about a grand. Now that I think of it though, the non-MFSL are probably not worth 30-35 so who knows about resale.

By far the simplest things would be for Allan just to buy this whole mess for me. What do you all say?

Yea, I will put them in excel and give a quick round number on my best guess at value. I just looked at all the LPs in the auction there are only 6 on my top-tier-must-have-or-I-will-die list. Where you want th excel file?

Boston - Boston (Limited Edition)

Jethro Tull - Aqualung

Nirvana - Nevermind (Factory Sealed - Limited Edition)

Traffic - The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys (Factory Sealed - Limited Edition)

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

REM - Murmur (Special Limited Edition (Factory Sealed - Limited Edition)
FYI, Nirvana stinks on MFSL or so I hear...still I would like to give it a listen. Can you live with out those...one or two I could still arm wrestle over and not burst into flame if I did not have them. [:P]

I'll tell you this sealed or not I intend to listen to them...collector value be damned!

Sadly, I am at a funeral all day tomorrow, so you might not hear much from me on this.

Rattle St.P's cage and get him thinking...perhaps we can knock off some liquor stores to drum up cash.

Michael, while going through the list of LPs and giving them some values I came to realize, although there are a lot of albums, there are not all that many I really want.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Based solely on price I am sure anybody could buy them up, keep some and sell the rest individually and ultimately break even or more likely make some money. However, that is a lot of work to manage 50-100 auctions and in the short term it ties up a lot of money.

After sleeping on it I think the best plan of attack might be to actually buy only the LPs you want via seperate auctions. So for now I am going to hold off and maybe see where the price is at the end of the auction forgetting about the BIN.

Best of luck to you if you decide to move forward on your own or with others. I will extend the offer to pick them up for you if you are the auction winner and you are interested in something like that. 150 for shipping/insurance sounds high to me. I will gladly send them to you for shipping costs or bring them out to Michigan when I am out that way.

Finally if you are interested I could give you a list of 5-20 LPs I would be interested and what I would be willing to pay for each one. You could decide to sell some of those and know you had some of your investment back before you bid.

Good luck, Rich