My new crossovers

mowntnbkr

I just ordered a new pair of AA's from Bob for my LaScala's. What is the consensus, should I sell the AL's or keep them for prosterity? Now if my Model 14's would get done I would be a happy camper. The guy has had them for 7 weeks now, I am getting a little frustrated. If I have him send them back, does anyone on this forum know how to work on them?

I would keep the original crossovers. If you decide to sell the

LaScalas, you can quote two different prices. With the originals and

with the new ones.

What are the Model 14s you are talking about?

Bruce

I have Altec Lansing Model 14's and I sent them to a guy down in Seattle. He is very upfront, he told me the caps were bad and replaced them, but then he said he couldn't get any output from them. Then he told me he never saw one's with a circuit board. He took them to a buddy's house who has the means to work on them, and that makes me a little nervous. I am going to call him tomorrow and ask for him to just send them back. I really like the model 14's, the cabinets are a little rough, but some sanding a blo will make a big difference.

I have Altec Lansing Model 14's and I sent them to a guy down in Seattle. He is very upfront, he told me the caps were bad and replaced them, but then he said he couldn't get any output from them. Then he told me he never saw one's with a circuit board. He took them to a buddy's house who has the means to work on them, and that makes me a little nervous. I am going to call him tomorrow and ask for him to just send them back. I really like the model 14's, the cabinets are a little rough, but some sanding a blo will make a big difference.

GULP!!

Good Luck,

Terry

The model 14 has a printed circuit board in it that is an overload

protection circuit. Maybe the guy messed with that and screwed it up.

Perhaps someone on the Lansing Heritage forum can get you a schematic of everything in it. The forums are here:

http://www.audioheritage.org/html/forums/forums.htm