YES in series; NO in parallel. Why?

DizRotus

The seller appears to state that only one speaker plays when hooked up in parallel, but both play when hooked up in series (daisy-chain). What could be going on here?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Klipsch La Scala / Speakon / NR<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" />

The seller said, "One problem I've noticed is when the speakers are run in stereo, only one will work. If I daisy-chain them together, they both work great. I have never come across this problem in my entire career which spans more years than I care to think about. At first I thought it might be a bad amp, but I have hooked them up to several amps, including a new Behringer powered mixer, and still get the same result. This could be something simple, but I'm not a tech head."

The

seller appears to state that only one speaker plays when hooked up in

parallel, but both play when hooked up in series (daisy-chain). What could be going on here?

Klipsch La Scala / Speakon / NR

The

seller said, "One problem I've noticed is when the speakers are run in

stereo, only one will work. If I daisy-chain them together, they both

work great. I have never come across this problem in my entire career

which spans more years than I care to think about. At first I thought

it might be a bad amp, but I have hooked them up to several amps,

including a new Behringer powered mixer, and still get the same result.

This could be something simple, but I'm not a tech head."

Does this have speakon connectors? They are probably wired funny.

Ya, sounds like a speakon wiring "problem" to me too...The output configuration on the amplifier is different for speakons than it is on the back of speaker cabinets....The output of the amplifier is only going over two pins on each channel, but on the back of the speaker each set of 2 is probably wired in parallel to the output. So he probably has a single cable where the speakon is wired on the wrong pins. I bet if he turned the cable around (take the end going into the speaker and plug it into the amp) that it would start working again [;)] (assuming that there is a twist in the cable). It had to of worked at some point in time.

Another possibility is that the input wiring on one of the speakers is faulty too....he did mention a new crossover being put it and I can totally see this being the case. Nevertheless, sounds like a great problem to have because it means the speakers will go for cheaper...and will be a really easy fix.

Ya, sounds like a speakon wiring "problem" to me too...The output configuration on the amplifier is different for speakons than it is on the back of speaker cabinets....The output of the amplifier is only going over two pins on each channel, but on the back of the speaker each set of 2 is probably wired in parallel to the output. So he probably has a single cable where the speakon is wired on the wrong pins. I bet if he turned the cable around (take the end going into the speaker and plug it into the amp) that it would start working again [;)] (assuming that there is a twist in the cable). It had to of worked at some point in time.

Another possibility is that the input wiring on one of the speakers is faulty too....he did mention a new crossover being put it and I can totally see this being the case. Nevertheless, sounds like a great problem to have because it means the speakers will go for cheaper...and will be a really easy fix.

Ok, I confess, I have no idea what you mean by "speakon" wiring problem. What could these La Scalas have other than binding posts or barrier strips? Please elaborate.