B&K Preamp with RF-7

Macallan

I am currently using a B&K 200.2 amp to drive my RF-7s and a Yamaha 2300 as a Pre amp and as an amp to drive my RC-7 and my surrounds. I am thinking about upgrading to the B&K Reference 50 for my preamp and adding a B&K 125.7 to drive the center and the rears. How much of an improvement with the Reference Pre-amp and the 125.7 add?

I am currently using a B&K 200.2 amp to drive my RF-7s and a Yamaha 2300 as a Pre amp and as an amp to drive my RC-7 and my surrounds. I am thinking about upgrading to the B&K Reference 50 for my preamp and adding a B&K 125.7 to drive the center and the rears. How much of an improvement with the Reference Pre-amp and the 125.7 add?

I have experience w/ the B+K ef 50 and love it.

The Ref 50 difference should be massive...versus the Yamaha !

Go for it !

I second the 200.5 recommendation. I have a 200.2 running my mains and a 125.2 running my center (not biamped). The center lags behind the mains noticeably. You may also consider the 7250, which is just the older version of the 200.5.

I would be interested in learning your opinion of running your mains through the Yamaha as well, although I'll bet that you purchased the Yamaha and used it for some time before you purchased the 200.2?

David

That is correct, i used the Yamaha for about a year and was very pleased. I then added the B&K 200.2 for the mains and was even more pleased. I really use my system for music mainly so I don't know if I would want to buy the 200.7 but i will look into it. Anyone have experience with the B&K AVR507 receiver?

I also really like the B&K reference 50. I don't have the series 2 but it doesn't bother me since I don't know what i'm missing. The only other Pre I have ran with my RF-7's was a JVC reciever into my B&K Reference 4430 amp. 200wpc X 3. The difference in clarity an dynamics was night and day. The JVC has been collecting dust ever since.

Jeremy

Not that I frequent this area much but most people never give Sherwood Newcastle much of a recommendation.

My HT pre is a 2000 model year and is very excellent for DAC from the datellite dish.

I listen to allot of HD concerts in DD 5.1 and Stereo and find no need to upgrade.

Current retail list for the new model HT pre is $ 1499 last time I looked. Very reasonable.