Do I have a mismatched center?

wildattorney

I asked my store to help me pick out a 7.1 system, and I fear they messed up. I bought RF-25 floorstanding speakers and RS-25 surround speakers. And a RSW-12 woofer. All fine so far, I figure. For my center, however, I have a RVX-42. Will the RVX-42 work as a center in this system, or do I have to have the RC-25? This was the going out of business sale of Good Guys, so if I need a new center, I'd have to sell the old one on eBay (all sales final, yada yada yada). Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, why don't you just hook it up, and listen? Didn't the store have an RC-25? Were you able to A/B them? If they are really "good guys", and they messed up, they should allow you to get the matched center.

6 of 1, or a 1/2 dozen of another?

I think Good guys is having a "going out of business sale." Don't plan on them being to responsive. The RC-25 or 35 would be the one's you'd want. I agree about hooking it up and see what you think. Another option would be to be on the look out for any of the above on sale on line.

I also think if you can find an RC-3 (discontinued--but an excellent center that would be my first choice in that price range) An overkill situation, but definitely attractive would be to see if Good guys has an RC-7 deeply discounted. [;)] Good luck.