2 amps connected to same set of speakers

vetobaby

I have a set of klipschhorns. I already have an amp connected to them for home theater. Can I connect another amp (Mcintosh MC275) to this same set of Klipschorns at the same time for music. I would only have one amp working at any time

and the Klipschorn speaker connectors will accept two sets of wires so I would like to know of this would be O.K. My concern is that the signal from the working amp would want to travel down the other set of speaker wires toward the non working amp once the signal reached the speaker terminals.

If you wanted to save a lot of money and don't need a remote then you

might also consider building one yourself. Just get a suitably rated

DPDT switch from PE:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=41&ObjectGroup_ID=347

At the bottom you'll notice two DPDT switches for $3.50 and $5.75. Both

will be more than sufficient and there's even that rubber boot if you

wanted to make it look nice. You would just have to plug the the first

amp to the bottom pair of terminals and the second amp to the top pair

(or vice versa) and then wire the center pair to the speakers.

I'm always up for building stuff so I would be willing to pump out a

really nice looking switch with fancy binding posts for around $30

(though I guess it depends on what you're looking for). One of these

days I'll figure out remote technology and build a remote switcher

(wouldn't that be fun for AB testing?)

If you wanted to save a lot of money and don't need a remote then you might also consider building one yourself. Just get a suitably rated DPDT switch from PE:

http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?webpage_id=3&SO=2&&DID=7&CATID=41&ObjectGroup_ID=347

At the bottom you'll notice two DPDT switches for $3.50 and $5.75. Both will be more than sufficient and there's even that rubber boot if you wanted to make it look nice. You would just have to plug the the first amp to the bottom pair of terminals and the second amp to the top pair (or vice versa) and then wire the center pair to the speakers.

I'm always up for building stuff so I would be willing to pump out a really nice looking switch with fancy binding posts for around $30 (though I guess it depends on what you're looking for). One of these days I'll figure out remote technology and build a remote switcher (wouldn't that be fun for AB testing?)

I'll buy one from you!