Klipsch and Magnolia... (hey Amy).

DrWho

I work for compusa, we carry some Klipsch and some bose and some other crap. We are supposed to be receiving a lot of stuff from good guys, but none has come in yet. The end caps (so to speak) where bose resides are paid for by bose, or microsoft or intel or apple or anyone who wants them. They are very expensive and they basically end up paying for the rent. They are very important to the vitality of the store. When we do get the Klipsch stuff, it will be set up horribly and ill do my best to make sure it at least works. Bose pays for an end cap, we have a 321 on display for 999 bucks! But i managed to get the iFi set up on an end cap too curtsy of apple. I talked the apple rep into setting up the iFi on an iMac on an end cap to show off its dual purpose. I thought it was a great idea until i realized how bad the soundcard was in the iMac, its embarrassing so I pretty much have to be careful with what songs i demo the system with. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I wouldnt even recommend klipsch touch magnolia if it wasnt for the fact goodguys just got destroyed by compusa. There is really no major retail store for Klipsch reference gear anymore and it certainly could compete with anything in a magnolia inside bestbuy. I think the space issue is the biggest concern. Magnolia really doest need more brands to sell, they just need elegance, and thats why the store looks so nice. I think the new Klipsch RVX stuff or RSX may have a chance in there for a few reasons. They are newer and more modern looking concepts. They take up less space and seem to be desired more by the average consumer. People really dont want big speakers and even audiophiles may gasp at the size of RF-7's. I know I cant fit em anywhere in room, but I would love to own them. magnolia already sells some flat wall speakers - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />vienna acustics makes a pair for a lot more money than the RVX-42's and I have to be honest, they are not as good.

Klipsch has some pull too because they already distribute their entire synergy line, promedia line and apple line to bestbuy. Bestbuy knows them and im sure they could work out a deal to get their reference stuff into magnila. Its makes all the sense in the world, I just don think youll see Klipschhorns or RF-7s in thoes tiny little stores.

The subs were by no means "too loud." They were just sloppy one note wonders that resonated for hours after the signal passed.

I took a peak at the reciever and the volume was up to 0 and they weren't even filling the room with sound. I can't imagine how anyone could rock it out to that.

what brand were those elctrostatics? man those were awful sounding - like I would have taken bose over them awful! guess which speaker the sales dude preferred? [;)] hahahahahahaha

They were probably those little 100 watter REL 8" mini pieces of shit. Put a Sub-12 into magnolia with floor the ceiling carpet in a small room, HOLY SHIT, those reps would think twice before bashing on Klipsch

Thank you Amy, not trying to cause trouble, just trying to represent Klipsch in the most favorable light possible. Do your reps do any sales training about new products at the store or regional level?

Oh, and nice report 007. Job well done, way to get Klipsch out there to the people, keep it up dude!

I'm confused about the complaining that follows "We were in a Best Buy...". - What exactly do you expect?!

What about "Best Buy" didn't you understand?!

It's not like the old days... Dead and gone, my friend.

Complaining to Klipsch about it isn't going to fix A THING! They have NO PLACE to go!

It's the WalMart syndrome.

DM

Dead and gone??? I think not! Read Brothers is alive & well. Unfortunately, they aren't a Klipsch dealer anymore. [:(]

OTOH....I have Audio/Video Warehouse which is locally owned & operated. They are a Heritage & Reference dealer. Hell, they even carry tubes & turntables in a dedicated 2-channel room. The downside is they don't stock Heritage. [:(] The up side is that they have the full Reference line in several demo HT rooms. [:)]

But I hear you DM....Read Brothers and A/V Warehouse are the exception nowadays. [:(]

Tom

A/V Warehouse? I bought my Ref 200.7 and a pair of RB 35s from the Bluffton Store. Mike gave me a really good deal. Where are you, Savannah, Bluffton or Beaufort. BTW, the BEaufort store had a great deal on a RSW 12 and a RSW 15. Demos but looked good. They probably still have them.