KSW 15 Are you happy with it?

Craig6519

Craig,

The answers will depend, in large part, on whether you are depending on the sub for music or HT. For HT, the KSW-15 rocks. I've got a KSW-12 and, for the money, it is an incredible value in a HT subwoofer. Lots of decent output for HT enjoyment! But for music, I find it to be a bit boomy or slow (I think those are the wine-equivalent terms). I'm thinking of retaining the KSW-12 for HT use only and getting an SVS (or building a sub) for music.

Craig, I have klf-30's klf-c7, ksp-s6's, ksw-15 up front and ksw-100 for rear sub. The ksw-15 is awesome for the money. Make sure you use y-splitter for L & R inputs on sub to get additional output.

Add a sub for the rears to it is worth it and you don't need a 15" back there a 10 or 12" will work great with the S6's.

It wasn't under warranty, I bought it used off a guy and he wasn't intereseted when i told him it broke. But i plan on replacing it. I do have a question about the 15, i haven't bought it yet but was wondering about using the Y splitter. It has a singlr LFE in as well as L/R in and out's, are you just ignoring the LFE and running it right into the L/R in's?

Thanks

Craig

Craig, exactly. This is how I have found the best performance from Klipsch subs. I believe Trey Cannon from Klipsch adddressed this sefveral months back in this section. Should provide +6 Db if I recall.

I also use speaker level inputs, don't know if it is necessary anymore as I did that first then the Y-splitter. All I know is they both pound quite well.

Brett

• 1 month later...

I have a KSW15 up front with a LF-10 in the rear. (KLF-20's, C-7, RS-3')

I am only using the LFE single line into the LFE input, and in reading the other posts here, I think I will try the "Y" adapter. So far, I'm not overly impressed with the KSF-15 by itself for music. Agreed, for HT it kicks butt. The LF-10 is a superb balance for music.

On the side, does anyone know why the link for manuals does not have anything for the LF-10 sub?